The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why do Subscribers need to pay for Togruta ?

Tritton

Because it's not part of the game in any way, it's purely cosmetic. CM is great for cosmetics.

QFT

Further, as a subscriber, you receive 500 CC per month. If you have a Security Key, that becomes 600/month. THat makes the Togruta free for subscribers.

You don't need to pay for them. You can use your monthly CC stipend or pay like 600k credits on the GTN. You can make 600 credits in a couple hours at most. If you aren't capable of doing that, that's your problem.

as a subscriber i dont mind buying a new species with CC.it makes sense sincew it is technically a DLC. just wished we didn't have to wait so long for a new playable species. imagine playing a Wookie and hearing all the growling and moaning during convos? that'll drive anyone crazy unless there's a Wookie that speaks basic which would be kinda weird.

Further, as a subscriber, you receive 500 CC per month. If you have a Security Key, that becomes 600/month. THat makes the Togruta free for subscribers.
Which, coincidentally, is exactly the reason new species cost 600cc.

They explained this when they released Cathar.

The question is in the title. Why do you think we should have to pay for it? (same question for Cathor i suppose) I would understand if they were class specific, but they are not....

Tritton

1) they give you a CC stipend every month as a sub, precisely to cover things like this at no additional cost to the subscriber. Of course if you spend your stipend on other things (cough... cartel packs), and do not save for the future.... that's your choice to make.

2) you don't need CCs actually. Buy the unlock on the GTN from another player. There are generally a number of them for purchase at any given time on the GTN. Depending on your server...figure paying +/- 1.8M (ie: 300k per 100 CC). If you are patient, you might find one for as low as 1M

Edited by Andryah