Companion quickbar abilities keep getting reset after conversation cutscenes

Heezdedjim

I have a couple of abilities that I always toggle off on my companions. On healers, I always turn off their channeled stun, and on HK-51 I always toggle off Assasinate and Stealth Suit.

Since 3.3 dropped I keep seeing all of my companions' quickbar abilities forced back to on (the little green dot lit up), after every time when I leave a cutscene.

Also, the toggling behavior seems bugged now. If an ability appears to be on (green dot lit), then the first time I right click on it, it doesn't actually toggle. I have to click it at least twice to get it to toggle from lit to not lit. I can't tell if this is because the ability actually was off, but was mistakenly showing up as on, or if it's just that the UI is ignoring the first click, and only repeated clicks will toggle the ability.

So far I have seen this behavior with Elara on my Vanguard, Mako on my Mercenary, and HK-51 on my Vanguard. The Vanguard was level 60 at the time, playing through the first part of the Ziost storyline. The Mercenary was leveling through the Forged Alliances chain and Rishi from 55 or so to 60.

Edited by Heezdedjim

If an ability appears to be on (green dot lit), then the first time I right click on it, it doesn't actually toggle. I have to click it at least twice to get it to toggle from lit to not lit. I can't tell if this is because the ability actually was off, but was mistakenly showing up as on, or if it's just that the UI is ignoring the first click, and only repeated clicks will toggle the ability.

I frequently experience this bug as well (and I've experienced it ever since 3.0 launched, so it was happening to me well before 3.3). I can confirm that the abilities that were previously toggled off are mistakenly being shown as on. (That is why the first r-click doesn't appear to do anything, as you surmised. You're actually turning it on with the first r-click.)

I can also confirm that dismissing and re-summoning the companion is a viable workaround for the time being. Re-summoning will correct the display of which abilities are supposed to be toggled on or off. (I suspect a Ctrl+U+U reset of the entire UI would also correct it, but that would be a much slower method for me, like 20 seconds instead of 4 seconds.)

It's worth highlighting that this workaround is only good until the next trigger event, which you reported to be watching a cutscene. I'm not sure that the bug only occurs after cutscenes for me, but something inevitably will cause the companion ability bar to glitch again and require the workaround in order to display properly again.