The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Making the social aspect of SWTOR more immersive.

marcmorr

Hello,

My name is Marcus Morris. In my real life I have been the founder of a nonprofit company for people with Autism, I have been a web radio DJ, I have managed large raiding guilds across multiple MMO's and last but not least I am now a stay at home Dad with a lot of time on my hands!

I have a suggestion or two that might really help SWTOR stand apart from other MMO's. For two years I was a web radio DJ in a simulator called Second Life. While there is a lot of negative to be said about Second Life there are some positive things which I think you could easily incorporate into SWTOR as base functions and / or cartel market purchases.

One of the biggest complaint's I have seen with strongholds or flagships is the inability to use them for meaningful things that you can't have access to elsewhere in the game world. It is just as easy to go to Fleet and start missions while using the GTN as it is to try and do similar things from your guild base.

I would be very interested in being able to set up more immersive role play settings on our flagships and in our guild strongholds. I think this could be achieved with specialized purchases that you could list on the Marketplace. This would be income for your company and it would increase the methods in which we the players get to socialize in game.

1. Cantina specific items that have more dance options, including a couples dance option(s). I use to run a nightclub in Second Life and it was one of the most social and fun experience's I have had in an MMO.

2. Cartel paid advertisement for guild recruitment and event purposes. If you could set up signage at Fleet hubs that someone could pay cartel market coins to put out an advertisement for their event or guild it would make meeting up in game that much easier and immersive. Having to alt tab out to use the forums breaks immersion. I think there are ways that you can roll how the forums work, into the game world itself.

3. I think having mini games within the game world would be an excellent addition not only for venues but for personal strongholds as well. Star Wars certainly has the lord to back up mobile games. i.e. the game that sort of looks like Chess that is played on the Falcon. These games could be physical, scripted items that you purchase off the Cartel Marketplace. It would give people additional ways of socializing and role playing in a setting of their choosing.

I have no idea whether anyone will actually read this post or if the powers that be would even consider what I am suggesting. I am working on creating ways of achieving the same goals whether or not these things are added because I want my guild to stand out. We want to be more than just a guild, we want to be entertainment for others and to be a reason people sign up to play SWTOR.

Thank you for your time,

Sincerely: Marcus