Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Severe hitpoint imbalance between 8-man and 16-man trash in Eternity Vault

Jerba

The trash groups in Eternity Vault are balanced wrong, specifically the Eternal Warden and Eternal Keeper probes you can find inbetween the first and second boss.

Hitpoints on 8-man SM: 5,407 HP

Hitpoints on 16-man SM: 165,292 HP

Which is 30x the amount of HP even though you only have 2.5x the amount of DPS. (I haven't checked the HM and NiM values)

With all the operations being scaled up to 65 in Fallen Empire, please ensure that the hitpoints are more balanced to ensure 16-man takes roughly the same amount of time as 8-man to clear the trash.

Edited by Jerba

Funny thing is I think the bug is actually making 8 man easier not making 16 man harder.

Back when S&V first came out imagine our surprise when (in 16 man) all the trash in the formation before DM Styrak had a bit over 5k hp each. One freighter flyby wiped them all out in a couple of ticks, heh.

Jerba, I appreciate your efforts on reporting bugs, I really do.

But...

They have no intention of fixing bugs that aren't game braking or explotits.

SoR willpower ear/implant, can't remember which, STILL has wrong amount of mainstat.

EV Soa fight pylons are still bugged.

KP Bonecrasher door is still bugged.

DP Healing challenge is still bugged.

Ruugar phase is still bugged.

Underlurker is still bugged.

Civil War and Makeb achievements still bugged.

Rancor on Makeb still bugged.

Rakata HM FP still bugged.

Imp/Rep Korriban/Tython HM FP bonus bosses still have different HPs.

List goes on and on...

Jerba, I appreciate your efforts on reporting bugs, I really do.

But...

They have no intention of fixing bugs that aren't game braking or explotits.

My hope is that because they are scaling up the old content, they will not just increase HP and damage numbers but will also take another look at the mechanics. After all, if they deliberately don't release another operation so they can focus on building the groundwork first, they must have some resources for this.

If even one thing from my list gets fixed, I will be happy. My expectations are really, really low. :)

The trash groups in Eternity Vault are balanced wrong, specifically the Eternal Warden and Eternal Keeper probes you can find inbetween the first and second boss.

Hitpoints on 8-man SM: 5,407 HP

Hitpoints on 16-man SM: 165,292 HP

Which is 30x the amount of HP even though you only have 2.5x the amount of DPS. (I haven't checked the HM and NiM values)

With all the operations being scaled up to 65 in Fallen Empire, please ensure that the hitpoints are more balanced to ensure 16-man takes roughly the same amount of time as 8-man to clear the trash.

I'm pretty sure the 8m values are broken here, not the 16m values. Those probes are champs and always had a large health pool. 5,4k sounds like they forgot a digit, here.

If even one thing from my list gets fixed, I will be happy. My expectations are really, really low. :)

Well, my expectations are high. They are high that they'll break even more in addition to what's already broken. :(

Edited by Sindariel

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.