Mining Laser in Grob'thok encounter bugged with 3.0 (Dread Fortress NiM)

Jerba

I'd like to report a bug that my raid group discovered in the Grok'thok fight, the third boss in Dread Fortress in nightmare difficulty.

Throughout the fight, the boss places a Mining Droid debuff on two players. Those players will drop fire on the ground and have to move to prevent taking burn damage.

Prior to 3.0, the mechanic was as follows:

• The first debuff is placed on a player who is not specced into the healing tree. That way, there will always be at least one healer who can heal the tank and doesn't have to move.
  • The second debuff is placed on a player who is not in melee range of the boss. This ensures that melees don't have to much too much and lose DPS.

However, in my raid group it has recently happened multiple times that both healers received the Mining Droid. Therefore, I am assuming that the Discipline system introduced with 3.0 bugged this mechanic and the boss can no longer reliably check whether or not a player is a healer.

I consider this a bug because when the boss gets scaled up with Fallen Empire, the tanks will once again take considerable damage, and if both healers receive the Mining Droid debuff, they are forced to move and have less possibility to heal the tanks.

Please fix this mechanic so it works just like it did when it was first released.

Edited by Jerba