What is the turnover rate for members of the dark council?

samhinch

So during the period of the first 3 chapters and shadow of reven the time elapsed is somewhere between 5-10 years. Throughout this time about 6-7 of the 12 dark council is killed or replaced. What is the turn over rate for that council? Doesn't seem like they stick around long enough to run the government very well.

Shadow of Revan happen the same year as Hutt cartel, 3640 bby http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Old_Republic_era

To be fair, that's a fan-made timeline, based on their best guess.

I find it highly unlikely that Chapters 1-3 would be a year each, but then Chapters 4 and 5 were both in the same year (especially with a lengthy 'intermission' like the Dread War arc in-between). Unless there's some comment from BW somewhere that puts the timeline like that, I'm assuming SoR and Rise of the Emperor are happening in 3639 BBY.

**SPOILERS**

As to OP, whether it is 3643-3640 BBY (per Wookieepedia) or 3643-3639 BBY (my guess), it's still only four or five years, during which we had the fall from power (and often death) of at least:

• Darth Vengean
  • Darth Baras
  • Darth Arho
  • Darth Arkous
  • Darth Arctis
  • Darth Thanaton
  • Darth Acharon
  • Darth Jadus (potentially)
  • Darth Zhorrid (potentially)
  • Darth Decimus
  • Darth Vowrawn (at least he seems to be 'on the run')
  • Darth Ekkage
  • Darth Mekhis (might have died just before the start of SWTOR)
  • Darth Hadra
  • Darth Karrid
  • Darth Soverus

This is largely the result of the Galactic War resuming, being the top dogs in a culture built on back-stabbing and ambition is going to be a perilous position at the best of times ("betrayal is the way of the Sith" after all), but during a galaxy-wide war, life expectancy for all but the most powerful and cunning Sith drops pretty starkly.

Edited by DarthDymond