Conquest points problem, week of 7/7-7/13

slaytokveranes

I had a Conquest problem that will need some investigating occurred Sunday night. The countdown was down to 9-ish hours remaining, and I wanted to have some crew skills work overnight to generate 5k-ish points. I crafted 13 war supplies (500) and 1 invasion force (2000). The war supplies were spread out between my companions in stacks of 1 or 2 (someone must've critted). So i know 100% that they should have finished in 3 hours or less, before the cutoff. However, I checked the points this morning, and our guild's value was still the same (31500-ish). I'm guessing there was another update issue.

If this could be fixed so my guild and myself get the rewards, that would be great.

Points are awarded on login, not based on when the item "should" finish.

This is how conquest crafting has always worked.

If you started an item that took an hour to build on Friday night but didn't log that character back in until after the Monday cutoff time, you would not get the points.

The moral of the story: Don't try to craft overnight on Sunday unless you plan to wake up real early to claim the points.

Maybe you logged in before the cutoff time before.

Conquest crafting has worked like this since day one.

You can even observe it on any day of the week.

- Make a note of your points.

- Start crafting a conquest item.

- Log that character out and do not log it back in before the next step.

- Using a different character in the guild, look at the character in question's conquest point total in the guild interface well after the item should have finished.

- The points will not have changed.

- Now log in the original character.

- You'll get objective notifications (you may need to scroll your chat window back) and can see your points have changed.

Maybe you logged in before the cutoff time before.

Conquest crafting has worked like this since day one.

You can even observe it on any day of the week.

- Make a note of your points.

- Start crafting a conquest item.

- Log that character out and do not log it back in before the next step.

- Using a different character in the guild, look at the character in question's conquest point total in the guild interface well after the item should have finished.

- The points will not have changed.

- Now log in the original character.

- You'll get objective notifications (you may need to scroll your chat window back) and can see your points have changed.

Well that is crap. It should function just like crew skills. I can craft, log off for hours, and still get the crew points/items mailed if inventory is full. It doesn't just sit in limbo until I log in.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by slaytokveranes

Well that is crap. It should function just like crew skills. I can craft, log off for hours, and still get the crew points/items mailed if inventory is full. It doesn't just sit in limbo until I log in.

Thanks for the info.

That's not how the game works, though.

In fact, your limbo analogy is quite accurate because that's exactly what it does.

Your character ceases to exist when you log it off so things attached to it don't just keep percolating in background processes while you're offline.

When you log it in, the system checks the current time against any timers (like crafting) attached to your character data and if the appropriate amount of time has passed, the system marks the item as complete and generates the items for you.

If the required time hasn't passed, it updates its clock and continues advancing while you're online.

This is all done as part of the logon process.

I mean, when you "send a companion off on a crew task" they haven't just wandered off somewhere to build or fetch your your items, it simply initiates a game system that takes them away from you, starts a clock, and gives them back to you along with the reward/item when the timer expires.

Because the game doesn't actively keep track of the timer when you're not logged in, it has no idea that the timer has run out until you log back in to the game.

This actually happens with everything about your character, but since most things require you to be logged into the character to see them (like instance lockouts and such), it's transparent to you.

Conquest crafting and the existence of your stronghold are about the only things where this phenomenon can be observed with other characters.

That's why one of your characters has to be logged on for your stronghold to be listed on the leaderboard and since it despawns when you log off, keys are required for people to enter your stronghold when you're offline so the system can spawn the instance.

Edited by Rankyn