The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SWTOR Duelling Tournament - Heats/Round 2B: Team Tunewalker vs Team Randomname

Selenial

You're joking right? I can never tell with you, I mean you've made stranger arguments....

*cough* Depa Bilaba = Mace Windu anyone?

You mean like Ventress > Shaak Ti? :jawa_wink:
So what you're saying is Ahsoka > Galen Marek.

Therefore Ahsoka > Vader.

Rebels Ahsoka is more powerful, so Rebels Ahsoka > Palpatine....

I mean I'm down for that. :jawa_evil:

That doesn't sound so bad... Marek > Shaak Ti though.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sigh*

Cipher beat Jadus because he was telekinetically holding a ship together and was barely even paying attention to her.

Already kind of disrpoved that he said "held" past tense meaning he wasnt doing so any longer. He just needed to stop a chain reaction as only "part of it was incinerated". That also does not change the fact that he still lost, and Cypher nine has no force powers the difference between Leia's and Cypher nine's force powers are enough to make up for the same difference that would be there even if he WAS holding the ship together. Because Leia has been attributed with power on par wtih Kyp Durron has shown the ability to go three flights of stairs in seconds and hold ships together herself.... (also I dont see where cypher nine was confirmed a girl pretty sure I can link Bioware's stance on choices again..... and we would get neither guy or Girl would it not be more appropriate to just Call Cypher Nine, Cypher nine, every time we want to specify that we are talking about Cypher nine, to assue that we always stay gender neutral on a character that has no specified gender :p)

Edited by tunewalker

TBF, BioWare seems to have implied that Empire choices are dark side based, so the Agent probably didn't even fight Jadus. I'm down with that.

No they havent... you want me to link Biowares stance on choices and canon again?

Edited by tunewalker

Considering Jadus' "defeat" is only depicted within the contexts of game mechanics, you can't claim that at all. All we know for certain is that somehow Cipher 9 managed to trap him in a ray shield.

Your assuming the mechanics of the fight are an accurate depiction of what happened. However I think it's pretty obvious they are only there to fulfill the demand for a boss, pure gameplay, which would make it non-canon.

Edited by Beniboybling

Considering Jadus' "defeat" is only depicted within the contexts of game mechanics, you can't claim that at all. All we know for certain is that somehow Cipher 9 managed to trap him in a ray shield.

Your assuming the mechanics of the fight are an accurate depiction of what happened. However I think its pretty obvious they are only there to fulfill the demand for a boss, pure gameplay, which would make it non-canon.

Did you just make the same argument I made as to why we cant use the abilities shown by force users in other boss fights to apply to this one?

I think you did..... all boss fights in the game opperate on the same principle... if you exclude 1, for the sake consistency, all go... The battle with Revan is there for the demands of a boss fight... the FPs, the Ops all of this, I just said this, this is the exact same arguement I made for why we cant use those before, now you are reversing a decision... now you FINALLY understand why I wanted a written... "this is how we are going to handle it" because you reverse decisions to support your own bias rather then for any actual rule or "canon" this is what I KNEW was coming the back and forth done SOLELY because of the Hype or love for a character instead of any kind of logical debate.

Seems pretty heavily implied in latest talks to me.

They are "assuming" but their stance on the "canon" of it is still the same as it was before... go ahead and ask one of the reps what the "canon" story line of the characters and they will say what ever you choose....

we will not be setting a “canon” version of any class or world storyline. Your choices matter – that’s at the heart of our storytelling philosophy at BioWare.

Edited by tunewalker

They are "assuming" but their stance on the "canon" of it is still the same as it was before... go ahead and ask one of the reps what the "canon" story line of the characters and they will say what ever you choose....

Did you listen? They are establishing a default storyline for each class, just like in Mass Effect. They aren't going to say the story is 'whatever you choose' anymore. :rolleyes:

Did you just make the same argument I made as to why we cant use the abilities shown by force users in other boss fights to apply to this one?

I think you did..... all boss fights in the game opperate on the same principle... if you exclude 1, for the sake consistency, all go... The battle with Revan is there for the demands of a boss fight... the FPs, the Ops all of this, I just said this, this is the exact same arguement I made for why we cant use those before, now you are reversing a decision... now you FINALLY understand why I wanted a written... "this is how we are going to handle it" because you reverse decisions to support your own bias rather then for any actual rule or "canon" this is what I KNEW was coming the back and forth done SOLELY because of the Hype or love for a character instead of any kind of logical debate.

You'd be correct in assuming the most boss fights in SWTOR are inaccurate sources of information, to an extent, that has been accepted as fact for a long time. Does that mean we should ban all game mechanics and ignore boss fights completely? No. What your failing to grasp is a need for a case-by-case basis approach, as game mechanics vary even within the same title. You also need to understand that this is the approach we have established a ruling on. Edited by Beniboybling

Did you listen? They are establishing a default storyline for each class, just like in Mass Effect. They aren't going to say the story is 'whatever you choose' anymore. :rolleyes:

That person was also hard pressed to say the word "canon" because they are NOT a bioware employee but Bioware has Specifically stated they WONT be setting a canon and HAVE NOT done so. They are assuming choices for you for a fresh level 60 but those choices are no more canon then the ones the players chose for themselves... I listened quite intently and I understood not just the words spoken by the non bioware employee, but the inflection and WAY they decided to deliver those words.

You'd be correct in assuming the most boss fights in SWTOR are inaccurate sources of information, to an extent, that has been accepted as fact for a long time. Does that mean we should ban all game mechanics and ignore boss fights completely? No. What your failing to grasp is a need for a case-by-case basis approach, as game mechanics vary even within the same title. You also need to understand that this is the approach we have and will continue to take.

Ya basically you are saying "I reserve teh right to reverse decisions based on my biased belief of how powerful a character is or isnt" got it. I understand now why you didnt want to make decision. "Case by case" in this case is "Do I like the character or not" if you Like it , what ever makes it stronger, if you dont, what ever makes it weaker.. understood.

Wait a minute...if the default jedi is light sided, does that mean my sentinel didn't bend Kira over? :(

I romanced her with out dark side choices...... that I know of...... they werent LIGHT SIDE mind you... but I am pretty sure it was neutral not dark....

That person was also hard pressed to say the word "canon" because they are NOT a bioware employee but Bioware has Specifically stated they WONT be setting a canon and HAVE NOT done so. They are assuming choices for you for a fresh level 60 but those choices are no more canon then the ones the players chose for themselves... I listened quite intently and I understood not just the words spoken by the non bioware employee, but the inflection and WAY they decided to deliver those words.

You think the default choices they'll be setting won't be them setting a most likely canon...?

Mmmk...

Ya basically you are saying "I reserve teh right to reverse decisions based on my biased belief of how powerful a character is or isnt" got it. I understand now why you didnt want to make decision. "Case by case" in this case is "Do I like the character or not" if you Like it , what ever makes it stronger, if you dont, what ever makes it weaker.. understood.
We had this discussion already and this was the ruling that was made:

Game mechanics are to be treated as canon, unless they exist purely for gameplay purposes.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8279564&postcount=128

EDIT: Aurb and Sel could you add that to your OPs? Before this gets out of hand...

You think the default choices they'll be setting won't be them setting a most likely canon...?

Mmmk...

Go ahead ask them.... see if you get a response.... better yet see if that response is any different then the last one they gave.

We had this discussion already and this was the ruling that was made:

Game mechanics are to be treated as canon, unless they exist purely for gameplay purposes.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8279564&postcount=128

EDIT: Aurb and Sel could you add that to your OPs? Before this gets out of hand...

And the same reason you are giving as to why this one exists solely for gameplay purposes is the same one I gave for the other. you rejected it then, but accept it now.. that is called a reversed decision or a Case by case being a Bull by Bull, basically making things up as you go along to suit what ever agenda or personal bias you have at the given point in time.

Edited by tunewalker