The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SWTOR Duelling Tournament - Heats/Round 2C: Team Beniboybling vs Team LadyKulvax

Aurbere

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SWTOR Forums never fail to amuse me if you think those apologies were genuine. You might want to background check a lot of things she checked there - most of it is ********. This thread has exceeded my expectations.

Heh. You would be surprised. And it's not trolling/harassment - more of the truth.

Wow I heard of trolling but this has turned into stalking.I have to ask do you have a picture of Lady avatar bloated up in your room and just stare at it and play with yourself.Dude get a life its not that big of a deal.Everyone messes up she messes up get over yourself.

Wow I heard of trolling but this has turned into stalking.I have to ask do you have a picture of Lady avatar bloated up in your room and just stare at it and play with yourself.Dude get a life its not that big of a deal.Everyone messes up she messes up get over yourself.

That's unnecessary, Jarons. If you think someone is trolling, don't act that way.

Again, if you don't like someone's posts, don't respond. You only make things worse, especially with comments like that.

That's unnecessary, Jarons. If you think someone is trolling, don't act that way.

Again, if you don't like someone's posts, don't respond. You only make things worse, especially with comments like that.

Yes Aurbere my apologies this is your thread and so I will follow you rules.

I don't like your post. What you gona do about it?

I haven't let it die, I have just been very pressed for time as of late. Also, all my next responses for the game got lost somewhere and I can't find them :(. Expect updates late tonight or tomorrow. The game shall go on :D

No join Conquest instead we need new blood and someone else for Sil to pick on:p.

No join Conquest instead we need new blood and someone else for Sil to pick on:p.

Hey, come now... I don't pick on you... Just... You got lots of bad luck and back story biting you in the rear... :p You will likely think me the devil soon, if you don't already... :( :( :(

Heck, everyone is going to hate me soon... That said, I do believe Kip was already looking into it, but hasn't committed yet. :rolleyes:

Hey, come now... I don't pick on you... Just... You got lots of bad luck and back story biting you in the rear... :p You will likely think me the devil soon, if you don't already... :( :( :(

Heck, everyone is going to hate me soon... That said, I do believe Kip was already looking into it, but hasn't committed yet. :rolleyes:

Yea went for a interesting character and got bite in the butt also I already think you the devil Sil so can't change that can you Sil:D.Its cool man that what makes the game fun but yea am making sure my Faction isn't going to be the first to go down even if I have to fight 1 million Luke Skywalker clones who are just as strong as him.

Kip if you do join let me know I have some stuff I could send your way to help your Faction set up and have some money come in quickly.

Ok, so I've apparently been called out on this so I might as well get my viewpoints across.

Some things are better left dead, other things shouldn't be left unresolved and open. Whether or not you agree with Ant's forthcoming attitude and arrogant behavior, his message was something that apparently still needed to be conveyed. Whether or not you believe that should be in this thread or not is irrelevant at this point. If the intention was to inform people of misinformation, this probably wasn't the right spot. However it's happened now, no going back.

I can only imagine how difficult it would be to actually pluck up and apologize, using KMC myself I was actually there to see it. I felt it a tad unfortunate that the rest of the people didn't actually get to, perhaps PM's would have been more effective, but also very difficult to write.

In the end of the day, this debacle's had a lasting effect on the entire forum. I couldn't help but notice how Rayla talked in that apology about how troubling it was to realize someone you knew and trusted had forged a quote, and unfortunately for the longest time, that's how a lot of people here have felt. For a long time, SWTOR were known as the forum that faked quotes, it never just affected one of us. We've finally got to a point where myself, Beni and Aurbere venturing out has excised that taint, I see no reason to bring it back to light anymore.

Now whether you forgive and forget, or hold unrelenting to the grave that Rayla is lying, it doesn't matter. Just don't let it get in the way of a debate, there's no need to bring it up as a weapon. Your personal opinions don't matter, but let's not let it affect the forum any more than it already has.

It's over. It happened. Now that everyone knows, we can move on.

The only other lesson I wish to teach on this matter is about using sources you don't actually own. Rayla said she took them from another site that was private and is now closed. Such websites do exist, there are numerous debating boards aside from the "big 3". Unless the quote is published on a respect thread and has faced public scrutiny, it's best not to use it. If you want to look into it, ask myself or Aurbere. We have a wide range of sources or friends who could help to look into this.

And in that regard, be very lax with Wookieepedia too. Let's not forget their fanon addition of Jin as a duelist who had parity to Dooku, Windu and Yoda, when the quote in question made no mention of him.

Vigilance is key in this regard, always be wary.

Edited by Selenial

There is a significant difference between wanting to clarify on some facts and continuing a personal vendetta/crusade. In that respect the attitude in which said message is conveyed is and always is important as shouldn't just be brushed aside. By advocating the message your advocating the attitude of its delivery as well, plain and simple.

If you felt a message needed to be conveyed, certainly one designed to put a lid on matters, you should have done so yourself. And to be frank you're kidding yourself if you think that with this act the lid on this issue has been closed, it has not. With this advocation Anthony's harassment of Lady will continue and it's only a question of when this is going to blow up again on these forums. You're also kidding yourself if you think Ant shares your sentiment. He does not.

But yes, we are now in a position to move on. I only hope that when our dear friend Tony inevitably attempts to stir up the matter again you'll instead choose to call it as it is, an obvious attempt to flame and troll, and tell him to piss off.

I don't think I said anywhere that I condoned his actions at all, or that I believed he'd done what he'd done to really settle things. You need to re-read that post, I quite happily admit he was arrogantly trolling. I'm also not sure why you think I'm egging him on, and why you think you have any idea how to stop his trolling.

He was trolling. It's pretty simple. There's no denying it.

On the flip side, now we can actually acknowledge it and move on. No one's left in the dark, everyone knows what happened. There's no need for it to be brought up again, and if it is, no one will care. He does it in an attempt to hurt Rayla, since everyone seems to have forgiven her, there's no point to him trying it all over again.

In contrast, your gung-ho charge into battle screaming "you're a troll" and "leave us alone or I'll report you" is exactly the kind of response he loves. Meeting arrogance with arrogance has started numerous wars with him in the past, I thought you'd have learned your lesson by now.

I don't think I said anywhere that I condoned his actions at all, or that I believed he'd done what he'd done to really settle things. You need to re-read that post, I quite happily admit he was arrogantly trolling. I'm also not sure why you think I'm egging him on, and why you think you have any idea how to stop his trolling.

He was trolling. It's pretty simple. There's no denying it.

On the flip side, now we can actually acknowledge it and move on. No one's left in the dark, everyone knows what happened. There's no need for it to be brought up again, and if it is, no one will care. He does it in an attempt to hurt Rayla, since everyone seems to have forgiven her, there's no point to him trying it all over again.

In contrast, your gung-ho charge into battle screaming "you're a troll" and "leave us alone or I'll report you" is exactly the kind of response he loves. Meeting arrogance with arrogance has started numerous wars with him in the past, I thought you'd have learned your lesson by now.

I understood your point, but my point is that you can't separate the message from the attitude in which it's conveyed, as you are trying to do. Are you egging him on? No, but you are advocating what he is saying. And Ant seems to have it in your head the you advocated his comments in the first place, so in that respect yes, you are encouraging him. And there is a big difference between doing that and ignoring a person as you're suggesting.

If I'm wrong and you didn't advocate his post as he claims, then fine. But that's not what you appear to be saying.

P.S. You're also mistaken if you think I planned in getting into a flaming contest with Ant, I did not. I merely wished to make clear that we don't advocate his behavior and leave it at that.

Edited by Beniboybling

I understood your point, but my point is that you can't separate the message from the attitude in which it's conveyed, as you are trying to do. Are you egging him on? No, but you are advocating what he is saying. And Ant seems to have it in your head the you advocated his comments in the first place, so in that respect yes, you are encouraging him. And there is a big difference between doing that and ignoring a person as you're suggesting.

If I'm wrong and you didn't advocate his post as he claims, then fine. But that's not what you appear to be saying.

P.S. You're also mistaken if you think I planned in getting into a flaming contest with Ant, I did not. I merely wished to make clear that we don't advocate his behavior and leave it at that.

Beni, stop. Regardless of Ant's demeanor, this had to happen. It's obvious that it did. We can go on about his attitude, but the fact is that he was right. This had to come out because SWTOR needed it to. I will not have the members of these boards left in the dark on this.

And now that it has happened, it's time to move on. By continuing to post about it, you derail the thread. So you need to stop. You all need to stop, really.

I'm saying that if it had to happen, certainly if it were planned to happen, it should have been conducted in a very different way, which hardly would have been difficult. But I realise nothing productive will come out of this and I've said my peace, so yeah let's move on, I apologise for derailing the thread further but I needed to get that off my chest. Edited by Beniboybling

I'm advocating the fact that this is finally brought to light and over with. I do not advocate the way in which it came out as being anywhere near the best way to do it.

I'm trying to see the good in this situation, stop making it difficult :p

Cease your questions and vote already. :jawa_mad:

I was just about to write up my vote, but instead I'm gona eat and watch 24 for a while :cool:

PS1: It was a serious question though, at most 3 people in this tournament didn't know about that incident...

PS2: Aurbere check your PMs already.

Edited by cs_zoltan