The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SWTOR Duelling Tournament - Heats/Round 2C: Team Beniboybling vs Team LadyKulvax

Aurbere

Thanks for doing me a favor little boy, this should be all the proof Woods requires.

Heh. I would love for you to report me. I would be delighted to explain to the mods how you tarnished the reputation of these boards by intentionally forging dozens of fake quotes - and then eventually admitting to it (as I posted above). I believe that is a banworthy offense - or at least moreso then bringing it to people's attentions. Poor StarSquirrel lived for months not realising the quotes were fake, others likely have too. I'm doing them a favor.

Aurbere and Selenial can testify this fact.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I have always respected all of you here... even if it doesnt look like it some times..... I have a temper, I have a very set in stone belief on how this galaxy a far far away works, that doesnt align with a majority here, but I still respect the fact that we all have a love for the material, I still respect that we all have different view points. I may throw insults when I am angry and frustrated, but that doesnt mean my respect for you isnt there, its just my showing it has waned greatly.

I am personally working on a new debating tactic to both keep myself calm and show the respect that all of my opponents and neigh sayers still deserve.

Rayla, mistakes can be made, but no one can make me respect you or any one else here any less.

Honestly I have always respected all of you here... even if it doesnt look like it some times..... I have a temper, I have a very set in stone belief on how this galaxy a far far away works, that doesnt align with a majority here, but I still respect the fact that we all have a love for the material, I still respect that we all have different view points. I may throw insults when I am angry and frustrated, but that doesnt mean my respect for you isnt there, its just my showing it has waned greatly.

I am personally working on a new debating tactic to both keep myself calm and show the respect that all of my opponents and neigh sayers still deserve.

Rayla, mistakes can be made, but no one can make me respect you or any one else here any less.

Yeah, I am unsure if it was like this for everyone else, but if it wasn't for the people on these boards and how they are, I never would of posted once on these forums. Nor was I scared off because people didn't run at me with a proverbial pitch fork. :o

Heck, you all have helped me grow in some way or other, so thank you. :D

Heh. I would love for you to report me. I would be delighted to explain to the mods how you tarnished the reputation of these boards by intentionally forging dozens of fake quotes - and then eventually admitting to it (as I posted above). I believe that is a banworthy offense - or at least moreso then bringing it to people's attentions. Poor StarSquirrel lived for months not realising the quotes were fake, others likely have too. I'm doing them a favor.

Actually your comments did have me looking into her quotes and I do recall doubting their veracity. Thing is, while I can get pissed at her style, I'm not going to troll Lady all day like an ******e about it. And I certainly don't dislike the person at the other end of a debate at all. Screwups happen, and this is all a game we play about a fictional world so there really is no need to get feisty about it. Either of you.

That said, while I'm disappointed about the affair it's over so as long as those sources have been safely disposed of by a hazmat team, I'm cool with it.

And I'd appreciate it if people asked if they could do me a favor first if that favor involves trolling people.

As for the debate, are we at the voting stage yet?

Edited by StarSquirrel

I'm doing them a favor.

I find it very unlikely that Sel or Aurbere advocate your trolling, harassment and generally unconstructive comments.

You're not doing anyone a favour, and you evidently have no supporters, you're just being a nuisance. I'd appreciate it if you find something else to occupy your time with, and I'd suggest to Lady to make use of the ignore function.

Edited by Beniboybling

I find it very unlikely that Sel or Aurbere advocate your trolling, harassment and generally unconstructive comments.

You're not doing anyone a favour, and you evidently have no supporters, you're just being a nuisance. I'd appreciate it if you find something else to occupy your time with, and I'd suggest to Lady to make use of the ignore function.

The issue is that I don't think anyone here was aware of what went down on KMC or that the validity of the quotes in question was dismissed. No, no. The primary issue is that we made horrible mistakes based on these quotes. What people seem to forget is that your reputation, my reputation, and this forum's reputation were profoundly affected by this. Considering that I spent a very long time making this place the way it is, I have a personal investment in its reputation.

Do I believe our members should know about what happened? Yes I do. We do not need false information being used by our members. Could Ant have used more tact? Perhaps, but that doesn't matter anymore. What matters is that people are finally aware of the happenings of this debacle in their totality.

With that said, some advice: if you don't like a person's conduct, ignore them. I did it before. It works.

The issue is that I don't think anyone here was aware of what went down on KMC or that the validity of the quotes in question was dismissed. No, no. The primary issue is that we made horrible mistakes based on these quotes. What people seem to forget is that your reputation, my reputation, and this forum's reputation were profoundly affected by this. Considering that I spent a very long time making this place the way it is, I have a personal investment in its reputation.

Do I believe our members should know about what happened? Yes I do. We do not need false information being used by our members. Could Ant have used more tact? Perhaps, but that doesn't matter anymore. What matters is that people are finally aware of the happenings of this debacle in their totality.

With that said, some advice: if you don't like a person's conduct, ignore them. I did it before. It works.

Pretty much what Zoltan said, unless you can give me one good reason for why Ant's comments in this particular thread serve any good, I plan on opposing them.

This issue, as you say, is over, Ant's trolling and harassment of Lady at this point is just flaming, plain and simple. And the last time I checked the reputation of these forums is one that does not advocate flaming, of any kind.

Edited by Beniboybling

Pretty much what Zoltan said, unless you can give me one good reason for why Ant's comments in this particular thread serve any good, I plan on opposing them.

This issue, as you say, is over, Ant's trolling and harassment of Lady at this point is just flaming, plain and simple. And the last time I checked the reputation of these forums is one that does not advocate flaming, of any kind.

Considering that the debate is over, its relevance to the thread is irrelevant (:p). We've had plenty of threads derailed at this point. Besides, I'm fairly certain he's been planning this for a while, so unless you expected him to make a thread about it, it doesn't matter where he posted it. He would have found a way to do this eventually. What matters is that it's out and now everybody knows. It's time to move on.

I don't advocate flaming, never have. So if you don't like the comments of a member, ignore them. That goes for all of you. Daddy's not in the mood for this tripe.

End of discussion.

Considering that the debate is over, its relevance to the thread is irrelevant (:p). We've had plenty of threads derailed at this point. Besides, I'm fairly certain he's been planning this for a while, so unless you expected him to make a thread about it, it doesn't matter where he posted it. He would have found a way to do this eventually. What matters is that it's out and now everybody knows. It's time to move on.

I don't advocate flaming, never have. So if you don't like the comments of a member, ignore them. That goes for all of you. Daddy's not in the mood for this tripe.

End of discussion.

yes dad :jawa_angel:

End of discussion.

As always you are too kind, however as long as we are on the same page I shall spare you. :jawa_evil:

Okey dokey! Voting is now open! For a refresher, here's the rules for the voting portion of this thread:

Avoid bias: Make your arguments without personal opinion, based around fact. Focus on the information presented in the thread, rather than your own personal opinion. If you believe Aryn is superior to Maul or Savage, but Rayla didn't prove it, then make note of that and then give props to Beni. If you believe Dooku is superior to Anakin, but Beni didn't prove that, then give props to Rayla. Just don't make a post about who you originally thought would win and which team you like best.

Be detailed: Remember that your vote needs to be convincing. Why are you voting for who you're voting for? The best votes are the most detailed votes.

Avoid new arguments: I'm here to judge not just which team wins, but which debater showed why which team wins. If one of them has missed key information that would have helped them win, then the fact they've missed that is an unfortunate mistake on their part. By bringing up information that they have not, you're pointing out flaws in their arguments and areas where they have failed, not helping their team win. On the flip side, if you chose to bring such information up while criticising the person you feel has been defeated, feel free.

Address both debaters: No debater here is bad. Neither have lost categorically or in every area of this debate. Each has strengths and flaws in their arguments. The best way to prove which debater won is to compare both of their pros and cons. You could also casts vote without even picking a side by simply pointing out pros and cons of each.

Yeah, yeah, I ripped off from Sel's post, but at least I made some changes to it. :p

Okey dokey! Voting is now open! For a refresher, here's the rules for the voting portion of this thread:

Yeah, yeah, I ripped off from Sel's post, but at least I made some changes to it. :p

DISAPPOINTED STATEMENT: But Maker! There is no humorous example with me present despite me not being in the match! How can this be?! :d_frown:

QUERY: How long will we have to decide?

DISAPPOINTED STATEMENT: But Maker! There is no humorous example with me present despite me not being in the match! How can this be?! :d_frown:

QUERY: How long will we have to decide?

I'm too much of a perfectionist to make those slip-ups, though :p

And you have as long as you want, really. Don't keep me waiting for too long, though.