The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Level 10 starting gear for HK-51 and a Cartel Coin legacy unlock!

So, HK-51's shells are not customizable for low-level characters. They're useless until you reach level 50.

And there're pretty much no customizable shells for *all* droid armor parts until Quesh, if I remember correctly. That's circa level 35-37.

Which means that HK's got an unfair disadvantage for those of us who'd like to try and level up with him.

Can you please give us a set of low-level shells for HK? And a legacy unlock, maybe? Even if he's going to be gone with KotFE, I still wouldn't mind levelling again with this guy.

(I got a char with Cybertech and plenty of mats. I just prefer buying mods with comms - quicker and cheaper).

Edited by Kulyok

Because you have Cybertech skills you should have access to these schematics listed for a droid with open slots.

Items are not orange like we are used to, but are green with slots to enter 3 itemes .

http://swtor.gamepedia.com/Cybertech/Droid_armor_schematics

I know they do not offer empty gear slots at level 10, but most classes get the first regular companion on average around the early teen levels. I just got my HK-51 with the legacy system. I was level 23 on my Bounty Hunter ALT when I opened the HK-51 so I just waited to 25 to gear both myself and the HK-51. If I am not mistaken when we get our companions they need gear just like HK-51 Unit. I am going to level another alt, I will keep looking for a way to gear HK-51 even if its with green gear to take advantage at lower levels and we get our regular companions.

Because you have Cybertech skills you should have access to these schematics listed for a droid with open slots.

Items are not orange like we are used to, but are green with slots to enter 3 itemes .

http://swtor.gamepedia.com/Cybertech/Droid_armor_schematics

I know they do not offer empty gear slots at level 10, but most classes get the first regular companion on average around the early teen levels. I just got my HK-51 with the legacy system. I was level 23 on my Bounty Hunter ALT when I opened the HK-51 so I just waited to 25 to gear both myself and the HK-51. If I am not mistaken when we get our companions they need gear just like HK-51 Unit. I am going to level another alt, I will keep looking for a way to gear HK-51 even if its with green gear to take advantage at lower levels and we get our regular companions.

I bought all Cybertech schematics I could get just in case, so that sounds like a solution - if not a perfect one. I used Tanno Vic's green weapon to insert purple level 50 mods there, myself. Thank you!

With X12 you will outlevel them in no time anyway. Best is to update with cybertech and buy mods from the vendors.

.... and to buy mods from the vendors, I'd need empty level 10 shells, so I'd have somewhere to put the mods. Honestly, I'd rather have free legacy sets of droid gear, so I could fill them with level 47-43-39-35-31-25-21-17-13 mods and never worry about outfitting my droid companions again. Legacy gear is really useful for Treek and other non-droid companions, but HK-51 before level 50 is a headache.

.... and to buy mods from the vendors, I'd need empty level 10 shells, so I'd have somewhere to put the mods. Honestly, I'd rather have free legacy sets of droid gear, so I could fill them with level 47-43-39-35-31-25-21-17-13 mods and never worry about outfitting my droid companions again. Legacy gear is really useful for Treek and other non-droid companions, but HK-51 before level 50 is a headache.

You can replace his existing mods with the mods you get from vendors or crew skills. You don't need a separate set. Just overwrite his existing mods or remove them first and then put the ones you need in, problem solved.

Edited by Nightblazer

Why do you say he's going to be "gone" with the new expansion? Where did you read that he's being removed?

That's possible, since KotFE info includes information about a new HK, HK-55, and two HK's in the group sound kind of redundant. I wouldn't know for sure, though - at this point, nobody does but the developers.

I actually think they will be careful with removing something players have spent RL cash on.

There is no harm in having a old model and a new model, it can even create some interesting intrigues.

Look at the both HKs in the False Emperor flashpoint when you do that solo

Edited by Icestar

• 2 weeks later...

I was just coming here to make a post like this . I agree , I think it should come with a level 10 Orange gear on him and the extra gear should be level 50 .

I would like to see a legacy unlock like we have for treek, but if anything Can we at least get the price changed to unlock him . How about if you get him a level 9 or lower that price would be half of what it is now so 500k in credits and coins be like 175? but after level 10 the price in credits or coins is cut in half to 250k or say 90 or so coins:D.

Maybe something along the line of treek having 2 sets of gear, perhaps they could give you a reward bundle of level 10 stuff upon finishing his 1st conversation.

But yeah on the whole driod companions are the worst to gear in the game I think even if you have cybertech you need to be al least level 30 before you can outfit a droid with all moddable gear.

That's possible, since KotFE info includes information about a new HK, HK-55, and two HK's in the group sound kind of redundant. I wouldn't know for sure, though - at this point, nobody does but the developers.

A SWTOR podcaster asked BW about this at SDCC and she got this info "Companions you pay for can not be taken away."

Edited by JediRelentless