The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

A year and a bit on - Fire Pulse still is incredibly unsatisfying.

So a while ago I made this thread about the crappiness of Fire Pulse's animation: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=729709

I still don't like using this ability at all. It's entirely ridiculous.

The animation now looks like the Vanguard is pressing a button on a detonator and exploding a charge on the enemy's body. Except that you are never seen throwing a charge onto them in the first place. It's still a telepathic explosion somehow.

And even worse is that sound it still uses, the same as Neural Surge, that high pitched squeak. Something along the lines of Gunslinger's Quickdraw deep boom would feel much better

Please give this ability a serious makeover. I still think it would be better suited as a projectile ball of Ion / Plasma to fit the VG better than a fiery move (that's the PT's domain).

Edited by Cotlu-Hunlon

So a while ago I made this thread about the crappiness of Fire Pulse's animation: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=729709

I still don't like using this ability at all. It's entirely ridiculous.

The animation now looks like the Vanguard is pressing a button on a detonator and exploding a charge on the enemy's body. Except that you are never seen throwing a charge onto them in the first place. It's still a telepathic explosion somehow.

And even worse is that sound it still uses, the same as Neural Surge, that high pitched squeak. Something along the lines of Gunslinger's Quickdraw deep boom would feel much better

Please give this ability a serious makeover. I still think it would be better suited as a projectile ball of Ion / Plasma to fit the VG better than a fiery move (that's the PT's domain).

Oh you weren't informed? Vanguards are force users now. Because running on air and defying gravity and jumping 30 feet into the air is just totally normal for humans especially if you have 60 pounds of armor on.

Point is I agree with you. But this game is and always will be unrealistic and make no sense.

Oh you weren't informed? Vanguards are force users now. Because running on air and defying gravity and jumping 30 feet into the air is just totally normal for humans especially if you have 60 pounds of armor on.

Point is I agree with you. But this game is and always will be unrealistic and make no sense.

Well when you put it like that, you make feel stupid :p Of course, how could I have not realised that Storm was a force-assisted move.

On the second part of your comment though I disagree, a simple animation change would make Fire Pulse more realistic and make sense - easy