Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Gearing Arsenal Mercenary At 60

JazenCass

Hello , I've been playing SWTOR for about a two-three week and finally hit the level cap of 60 today and haven't even finished SOR ( still in the beginning after Torch fight) Originally what I was doing to upgrade my gear was I'd buy adaptive armor and upgrade through the Modification Vendor's but currently they're are no Level 60 Mod Vendors and I don't know how to progress from here. On the Imperial Fleet the Basic Gear Levl 60 Vendor has good stuff but I didn't see anything that increased the Aim Stat which is a primary stat for my build. How do I find these mods ? I checked GTN but they didn't have any Aim mods either and I know nothing about crafting.

As you progress through Rishi you are given the "Raider's Cove" gear for completing the missions. When you get to Yavin, you will be able to get the "Sky Ridge" gear through the missions. As a merc, you will get a choice between the Boltblaster (dps) and Med-tech (healer) gear. These items are perfectly adequate for completing the Rishi and Yavin story lines.

After Yavin, you will be able to go to Ziost which will provide you a free set of blue 190 gear for doing the missions. This gear, once again, is perfectly adequate for doing the story line.

Now, there is also purple 186 Exhumed gear that you can buy from the fleet vendor in the PvE area. The Bounty hunter vendor for the 186, 192, and 198 gear is to the left and behind the PvE mission terminals. These items have to be bought with Basic (186), Elite (192), and Ultimate (198) comms.

Depending on who you ask the free blue 190 gear is relatively on par, if not better, than the purple 186.

The only thing you should honestly have to buy off of the GTN is a main hand barrel. The purple 186 barrels, at least on my server are relatively cheap. Bought a 186 cunning barrel for my sniper for 25,000.

I hope this helps a bit

If you're going to be doing PvP, keep a set of 162 modded gear (and 148 modded weapons) on you to receive max expertise in warzones (expertise is the main PvP stat in the game, and increases your damage and healing toward players). Otherwise you'll find yourself getting destroyed immediately.

Then start to replace those gear pieces with warzone commendation gear from your appropriate vendor. Generally people advocate to get the 6-set pieces first as you get a guaranteed heatseeker missile critical every minute. Relics are also pretty big upgrades (get Focused Retribution [main stat] and Serendpitous Assault [power]). Remember to augment your gear (generally people go with Advanced Reflex Augment 36).

If you're going to be doing PvP, keep a set of 162 modded gear (and 148 modded weapons) on you to receive max expertise in warzones .

Please note about gearing for pvp weapons. You can use 162 Hilt (162 Armoring for generator) and 148 for mods and enhancements, and still get 2018 expertise.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.