Is 30-59 Like 60 at all? (Scoundrel healing)

Im running around WZs with my friend, when we are together I go sawbones. We have been playing DPS/Healer combo for over ten years in various MMOs and we are good.

People are constantly hitting me for a quarter of my health, if I try to heal someone who is below 50% there is no way I can out heal DPS.

I know scoundrels operate mainly off HoTs, and I dont have a shield or an instant burst heal to buy me time to catch a persons health up. Ill throw everything I have on someone or myself and just watch them disintegrate.

However I see sages and sorcs throw their bubble up and laugh, whether they are DPS or heal spec they seem to out heal sawbones and out DPS them all from range.

Is this how it is at 60? Im only level 40 so id reroll now than later.

Im running around WZs with my friend, when we are together I go sawbones. We have been playing DPS/Healer combo for over ten years in various MMOs and we are good.

People are constantly hitting me for a quarter of my health, if I try to heal someone who is below 50% there is no way I can out heal DPS.

I know scoundrels operate mainly off HoTs, and I dont have a shield or an instant burst heal to buy me time to catch a persons health up. Ill throw everything I have on someone or myself and just watch them disintegrate.

However I see sages and sorcs throw their bubble up and laugh, whether they are DPS or heal spec they seem to out heal sawbones and out DPS them all from range.

Is this how it is at 60? Im only level 40 so id reroll now than later.

lv60 it is the same. Damage scales up even more so walking in fresh you will notice your heals are a little weak without gear. I recommend saving coms for main hand/off hand > relics > everything else to increase your heals as much as possible. With gear it's manageable but we still have issues with burst damage. This really relies of personal responsibility of the DPS you are healing. If they use their CDs right you should be fine if not they will be bursted and die, without you being able to do anything to prevent it. You will notice quick who are the bads.

If your friend has ability to guard I would ask him/her to off guard you when you get low if you are duoing. If not, ask him/her spot heal to help get out of global range.

Another tip is spec into Advanced cloaking (lower cd on stealth out) as well as Escape Plan ( lower cd on stun breaker). Helps.

Just have to try to account for the burst as much as you, keep up hots and yolo. Good luck.

Edited by kissingaiur

Other tip that was t covered is make sure you have a piece of gear in every slot, so make sure you have a relic in each slot (doesn't matter if they same for this) since while in mids you will get bolstered by each piece. If you have nothing I. That slot it is a big negative. Finally don't worry too much about mids, the 55-59 lvl people always dominate since they have all their abilities such. So you might not have all the tools you will have later depending on your level.

This is really weird, because I had exactly opposite experience, having a far easier time on my Scoundrel/Operative in midbies than on a Sage in 60'ies.

I followed Hottie's guide, and while my hps is low, 1,300-1,500 on <L50 I found that I survive far easier and have more control in positioning, so I actually put out more heals on the party than pour into myself. My Sage gets picked up on approach by the aggressive melee and destroyed out of hand more often then I like. Scoundrel starts in stealth, sleeps someone on the way, finds a good place, and starts healing with less pressure.

The invisibility on demand with a cleanse is great.

I can't recommend Hottie's guide enough! It covers the philosophy brilliantly, as the mindset is different, and once you get into it, it's a wonderful fit for regs wzs.

The only 2 things I do differently from the guide in the midbies, is that I talent the 15% speed increase in the lowest tier, and I think that I have more alacrity and crit, but really it doesn't matter at that point.

I pick value targets (or simply those in sight), and continuously 'next' target while moving, switching the probes around. Once the Surgical probe was available, the energy became trivial.

The only time I was totaled, was when my team was 30-40, and the imperials were all 58+. But there ain't AC I think that can handle that.

But, yeah, I am yet to see the 60, I am sure I am up for a rude awakening. :)

Edited by DomiSotto

Im not worried about 60 with no gear. I know how MMOs go. I am more concerned with level 60 when gear and match ups are equal.

If things stay the same there is no way I will be able to save anyone.

I have 40k HP and 1833 exp at level 40. Someone just chained me for 11k, 8k, 7500 and someone else hit me for 9854.

While that was happening my heals were ticking in the 100s.

At level 60 in even match ups how does a scoundrel heal someone through the DPS of someone trying to take them out because right now it seems impossible.

I played this game when the latest expansion was hutt cartel. I played a sage and scoundrel to 30s and they felt even as far as healing went. DPS felt even just way different style.

Coming back to the same character I feel worthless when specced healing.

Edited by Kellindell

Im not worried about 60 with no gear. I know how MMOs go. I am more concerned with level 60 when gear and match ups are equal.

If things stay the same there is no way I will be able to save anyone.

I have 40k HP and 1833 exp at level 40. Someone just chained me for 11k, 8k, 7500 and someone else hit me for 9854.

While that was happening my heals were ticking in the 100s.

At level 60 in even match ups how does a scoundrel heal someone through the DPS of someone trying to take them out because right now it seems impossible.

I played this game when the latest expansion was hutt cartel. I played a sage and scoundrel to 30s and they felt even as far as healing went. DPS felt even just way different style.

Coming back to the same character I feel worthless when specced healing.

I mainly dps on my op, but when I heal I can understand how dealing with burst is hard sometimes. Depending on the situation...if I am allowed to I will start casting kolto injection on a teammate that I know is about to take heavy damage because by the time the cast is done and it hits the teammate they will have already lost 50% of their health and that will bring them up by 8-9k. Then I follow with surgical probe. If they already have probes on them you can bring them back up. I'm not the best healer, but I've been able to do it quite often. Also, I save my flashbang for times where I need to stun a group of enemies focusing either myself or one of my teammates. Even if it breaks it still give me a global or two to get off an injection or part of kolto waves. That said, I'd ask the people that mainly heal for more advice....I only heal when I get bored of dps.

Just wait a few levels, I am now 55/49 on my Operative/Scoundrel, and things really start coming together as you progress to higher 40'ies. As a single healer you will have troubles no matter what, so don't feel like you are failing. If you are well versed in the fighting, I assume you already do the positioning and use your DCDs?

Life is hard for all healers. Sorcs may look easier with their bubble they throw up, but that isn't up every fight.

As an Op, if you don't have a guard positioning is important. Keep running constantly and stop when you're further back from the action to do channeled heals. If you are guarded you don't have to be as smart about your channeling.

Shield probe is very important, get the 30% buff and use it anytime you get focused. I've learned to take any utility in my tree that will help with damage reduction. Replacing all crit in your gear with power will increase the protection of your shield probe also.

I use Arkanian 2 set bonus on gloves and boots for 15% to recoup nano, Oberon set bonus on chest and legs for 10% shield probe buff and the new 2 set on belt and bracers for the crit on your big heal. This is the best setup I know of, unfortunately a new healer won't have access to last years pvp bonus for the shield probe buff.

Also, be sure to use your medpacs and adrenals. There is no replacement for a 35% instant heal and the damage reduction they get, it can buy you time while rolling away.