Colossal Monolith/Eyeless: Ground Circles don't show up the first pull

NwahsNirom

Hey guys,

My guildies and other players on the server have noticed that on the instanced world bosses (Monolith/Eyeless), it seems like on the first pull, the ground abilities like the white circles of Monolith or the Purple/green circles of Eyeless are not showing up for many players at first, causing a wipe often, but then the 2nd pull they show up fine.

This is just an engine limitation. If there are a lot of players in the raid and you have a slow disk, it takes too long to load the effects. I guess they could change the engine and preload the effects but there are much more important issues than this IMO.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one having this problem. I was hoping my group believed me when I told them that it wasn't that the circles were hard to see, they simply weren't there at all.

I've just assumed that I needed to upgrade to a new computer because the graphics were taking so long to load. Would getting a faster processor fix this issue?

Edited by CloudCastle

I've just assumed that I needed to upgrade to a new computer because the graphics were taking so long to load. Would getting a faster processor fix this issue?

Even on a good computer with an SSD, I sometimes don't see the effects right away. Like today on the Eyeless 16-man, I saw his blue circle like 2 seconds into his cast while other players did not see it displayed at all.

So while upgrading your computer helps, it can still happen, at least on the first pull. By the second time the circle is displayed, it will be visible.

If you know you have a slow computer, memorize the fights and you can react even without seeing the circle. For example the Eyeless also does a cast when he lays down the blue circle so you know to move out of. The Monolith always drops his white circles a few seconds after the first knockback.

Edited by Jerba