Surge or Alacrity?

Athena-Nike

So just finished getting my Slinger in full 198's (except the 2 armorings we haven't cleared yet). I'm sitting at 100.14% accuracy, and have all my tertiary stats set for surge right now. I was wondering if it were worth it to start grabbing some tokens for power/alacrity enhancements (and implants/ears).

Right now I switch between SS and DF spec depending on the fight, so I figured Surge was the most universally useful between the two specs and all fights but with low crit rating I'm wondering if max alacrity would be more useful. I'd imagine alacrity helps DF more then surge does, but I think surge helps SS more

• 5 weeks later...
surge has a soft cap at ~400 so you don't really want to go over that. between the 700 needed for accuracy and 400 in surge you really don't have a lot of points for alacrity left over unless you swap out your augments.

Hello there, i personally am a huge fan of alacrity on the sniper. On all 3 specs, ever since i swtiched to 600 ish alacrity, it's been way better for me. But should only do it when in mostly full 198 revanite gear. I'm in min maxed 198-204 gear and it works beautifully. Personally i stick to around 300 ish surge (think 330 atm) and i'm running slightly over 600 alacrity.

It probably gives the best benefit for marksman but it's really helpful for the other specs too imo. Oh and one more note, if you have 5 acc enhancements (including implants/ear) you can do that + augments for 99,9997 accuracy, which frees up 1 enhancement slot.

If you wanna see the kind of results i'm getting you can check parsely for my parses on all 3 spec on Tyrlen.

But yeah, to sum up, go 5 enhancements acc, 3 alac, 2 surge, then 3 acc augs, 2 surge augs, 5 alac augs, 4 mainstat augs. Well, ofc you don't have to but that's what been working great for me and i think it's worth a try.

From the optimization sheets I've read it shows with the 204 mainhand, stacking alacrity to around 500-600 while maintaining normal stat balance with enhancements and using 1-2 enhancements and the rest augs to attain that number. However as stated I do believe that 204 mainhand is the lynchpin for turning over to alacrity like this. Edited by Pyrotesh