The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SWTOR Duelling Tournament - Heats/Round 1A: Silenceo vs Cs_Zoltan

Selenial

Except that is Aurbere silly. :rolleyes: I want to see the actual quote since, no offense Aurbere, people on these boards have been wrong about things in more than one instance. Not to say I am excluded, I am wrong on many things, as are we all. :p

The quote was from 1 or 2 years ago, I have no idea where to dig it up. You'll have to trust me. And if you can't trust me, then I can't really help you until I find the quote.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The quote was from 1 or 2 years ago, I have no idea where to dig it up. You'll have to trust me. And if you can't trust me, then I can't really help you until I find the quote.

Believe me Aurbere, I really WANT to trust you, but if it turns out that CW is NOT cannon... Well.. Ti will have lost a LOT of feats. :d_wink:

Don't worry, I am digging for it as well. :D

I can help you dig, I saw it a couple years ago as well. its just a lot of quotes were lost in the disney flames of 2014.....

Believe me Aurbere, I really WANT to trust you, but if it turns out that CW is NOT cannon... Well.. Ti will have lost a LOT of feats. :d_wink:

Don't worry, I am digging for it as well. :D

Well remember also to take those feats with huge grains of salt. As beni says and Leland has said the EU is looked through lenses and that lens is one that makes everything quite a bit more grand then it was (for example 100 Magna droids, could have been more accurately like.... 5...)

But... Mistress why?! Its only the 3rd day if I recall. :(

That said, I might have to just ramble on and on and on and on and on and what was I saying?! :eek:

I don't know, I've been at the service and reception for the past 12-13 hours, get home and have a quite strongly hinting PM that this should be called.

If you feel you can last longer then ok, I need to catch up with the debate at han, I was just being advised :p

I don't know, I've been at the service and reception for the past 12-13 hours, get home and have a quite strongly hinting PM that this should be called.

If you feel you can last longer then ok, I need to catch up with the debate at han, I was just being advised :p

QUERY: Yet you were given control of this match, were you not?

RESIGNED STATEMENT: Nothing has been said in the other active debate, so I am unsure what is so special about this one... There are still things that could be gone over, such as possible scenarios. Though, it is a bit of a hindrance that others can't add anything since most of the quotes and scans I get are from respect threads, wiki, random sites, and ect... :(

SUGGESTION: Would it be possible, Mistress, to still provide arguments within the second stage of this event?

QUERY: Yet you were given control of this match, were you not?

RESIGNED STATEMENT: Nothing has been said in the other active debate, so I am unsure what is so special about this one... There are still things that could be gone over, such as possible scenarios. Though, it is a bit of a hindrance that others can't add anything since most of the quotes and scans I get are from respect threads, wiki, random sites, and ect... :(

SUGGESTION: Would it be possible, Mistress, to still provide arguments within the second stage of this event?

Because you guys have been going at it for a while, people are expected to vote off what you are saying, keeping things short and brief are some of the skills you're actually relying on here. Needing 4 posts to get a point across is detrimental.

In that regard I'd suggest you both continue as you please, while working on a singular large post that you each are allowed to end on. No targeted rebuttals to said posts, they may be your concluding statements for anyone who hasn't been able to read every page of this debate.

Also Sil, OCW are Legends unless contradicted, though we take the feats with a grain of salt.

wait... we are voting on this... I am assuming this means as a player... I should be reading everything instead of skimming. And I should be doing that for ALL of the posts....

In short, yes. We ask that once we call the debating to a halt, people come in and weigh their opinions on how the battle has gone, what points have convinced them of whose superiority etc. Votes are taken into account but are not the defining factor, consequently it is down to the Arbiters, but we respect and value your opinions.

In short, yes. We ask that once we call the debating to a halt, people come in and weigh their opinions on how the battle has gone, what points have convinced them of whose superiority etc. Votes are taken into account but are not the defining factor, consequently it is down to the Arbiters, but we respect and value your opinions.

Duely noted, opinion set to arguments made.

Oh, we're going to be moving to the next stage then? That was quicker than I expected. I'll need to consider this for my match then.

*Cue Sel vs Kara to be sent to second stage without any arguments*

*Scenario*

"I think that team 1 has awesome abilities!"

"Team 1 didn't put forth any arguments, so there for team 2 wins because we know more about them."

"Are you freaking kidding me?! So much is ambiguous for the majority of those characters!"

"We still know things about them, and I am unfamiliar with Legacy era."

"Oh, so we call it on familiarity and popularity now?!"

"We do not decide the victor by popularity. However, no arguments have been put forth to debate."

(Collective) "Your right raaaaaaagghhhrr!"

*Thread bursts into flames and explodes*

Edited by Silenceo

*Cue Sel vs Kara to be sent to second stage without any arguments*

*Scenario*

"I think that team 1 has awesome abilities!"

"Team 1 didn't put forth any arguments, so there for team 2 wins because we know more about them."

"Are you freaking kidding me?! So much is ambiguous for the majority of those characters!"

"We still know things about them, and I am unfamiliar with Legacy era."

"Oh, so we call it on familiarity and popularity now?!"

"Not in a perfect world, no! However, no arguments have been put forth to debate!"

"Your right raaaaaaagghhhrr!"

*Thread bursts into flames and explodes*

I lol'ed. :p

But, nah, we haven't really synced the matches up like that. I'll let them make one or two arguments. Maybe. If they're good.

Finally got caught up on this one.... wasnt as long as I thought it would be. Still good debates, lots of points on both sides are pretty darn good. As it is not opinion time I will not say anything further. Edited by tunewalker

Finally got caught up on this one.... wasnt as long as I thought it would be. Still good debates, lots of points on both sides are pretty darn good. As it is not opinion time I will not say anything further.

*Mind Trick*

You will Pm me your opinion. :jawa_evil:

Edited by Silenceo

I have some questions before I make my decision.

1. I haven't seen arguments on using the environment, or on the arena itself. Idk maybe I missed it but I would like to see them.

2. Sil, can you give me a quick tl:dr on what saber forms Jerec and Desann use, besides Jerec's Makashi.

3. Zoltan, how would Obi Wan protect himself from force attacks when his barriers are noticeably weaker than the rest of your team?

4.Sil again, how will your team plan on handling Shaak Ti, who gave Starkiller a run for his money?

5. Last one for Zoltan, Jerec has been known to use mental attacks against his opponents, how would your team respond?