Selenial

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 on the sass Zoltan

EDIT: requires the CV link I do. :csw_yoda:

I'll post it once I've got my first post up tbh :D

For now though I'm stuck trying to reply to Karadron while my day gets busier and busier. I'm on about 3000 words and not even 1/4 of the way done so I need to cut it down :jawa_mad:

I'll post it once I've got my first post up tbh :D

For now though I'm stuck trying to reply to Karadron while my day gets busier and busier. I'm on about 3000 words and not even 1/4 of the way done so I need to cut it down :jawa_mad:

Well at least tell me the opposition.

Would be even better if we could get the verdict. :d_tongue:

Got the verdict all sorted, just need to talk to Beni soon, shan't be long!

In the future this "stage" should be a day or two, but we had to sort a few things out because the three of us seemed to have differing opinions on how to call this.

Edited by Selenial

Got the verdict all sorted, just need to talk to Beni soon, shan't be long!

In the future this "stage" should be a day or two, but we had to sort a few things out because the three of us seemed to have differing opinions on how to call this.

I wasn't aware there was anything left to be discussed...

Do we get a verdict eventually? Maybe?

Beni's post actually answered my question. Expect it posted tomorrow. Morning too, if you're lucky :p

The issue's that I have to retype it since I don't have my PC with me, hence the delay. That also requires refreshing myself on the debate :D

Edited by Selenial

Beni's post actually answered my question. Expect it posted tomorrow. Morning too, if you're lucky :p

The issue's that I have to retype it since I don't have my PC with me, hence the delay. That also requires refreshing myself on the debate :D

:d_frown: Edited by Silenceo

Alright everyone the wait is over, I apologise for how long it took. Here's the breakdown of the verdict.

Lightsaber Combat

Unsurprisingly I believe Zoltan has come out superior in this category.

Silenceo, you were really let down by the lack of arguments you made for Vader's saber abilities. I know it's unfortunate that this's how it works, but had I not known what I do on Vader, I would have left your match thinking he'd be trounced by Windu. While I appreciate that Jerec is a master of Makashi and knowledgable on many styles, you showed no proof (and rightly so because there is none) that he would survive against Ti in a duel. I was however really impressed with your arguments on Desann's abilities, well done.

Zoltan did what anyone with that team would do, and steered the debate into focusing on their impressive blade work. He showed that Shaak Ti was undeniably a duelist that would keep a force user on the back foot, though perhaps could have used the Marek fight to show that a superior force user was unable to chain force abilities into combat enough to break her assault. He gave less time to Windu, but I felt that was a fair choice. He was allowed to press a lot of argument for Kenobi that shouldn't have been, which cost Silenceo in that respect.

Force Abilities

I give an overall advantage here to Silenceo, though honestly this category was close.

Silenceo made excellent uses of Jerec's force abilities. While Zoltan countered with her Lightsaber arguments, I feel like as ferocious as Shaak Ti is, she won't keep Jerec back to the point where he absolutely can't use his force abilities. Zoltan successfully argued that Kenobi can't simply be rag-dolled, but I feel Silenceo countered with enough proof that given any opportunity, Vader and Jerec could give it a mighty fine shot.

Zoltan's arguments on the force usage were slimmer but more concrete however. Wendy's Vapaad was successfully argued, Shaak Ti's prowess matching Jerec's own also was. While force usage for her team should naturally lose to a team like Silenceo's, Zoltan argued it to the point where it was indeed quite close.

Teamwork & Tactics

In this aspect, I feel Zoltan came out on top.

Silenceo argued his team well, arguing cohesion between a team that all plotted to overthrow each other couldn't have been easy, but he managed it.

Zoltan had the natural advantage however in that his three combatants were all Jedi, and thus naturally fight more cohesively. Perhaps a Sith master and apprentice duo would fight together, but three Dark Siders only half together by an alliance of hate would not. More emphasis could have been made that Shaak Ti, Kenobi and Windu have fought together (examples wise, I mean) but otherwise the cohesion argument was pretty well done.

Handling the Environment

Both sides made good points on this front, so I didn’t give an advantage.

Both managed to press advantages and disadvantages of the tight spaces, proving pretty handily that each of their combatants would have benefits in a situation like this, even if they were acrobatic fighters etc.

Honestly I couldn't find an edge in this category if I tried, not that it's a huge factor here anyway.

Miscellaneous

The only really factors that fit in this category in this match would be personal vendettas.

With that said, Vader going straight for Kenobi wasn't pushed hugely, neither was prior knowledge on combatants etc.

I award no edge in this category.

Conclusion & Verdict

Altogether both teams were brilliantly crafted and argued well. I feel Silenceo fell into a few traps layed out by Zoltan in terms of debating strategy. He was left on the back foot and therefore couldn't debate Vader (who should have carried his team) to the fullest extent.

It is for that reason among others that I declare Team Cs_Zoltan the winner, who moves on Quarter-Finals. Noting Silenceo that you can still make it back into the tournament by winning the Runner’s Up Bracket.

Thoughts & Advice

[color="PaleTurquoise"While both teams debated well I think there was room for improvement, mainly just by tidying up your arguments. I think you both did really well sourcing your arguments and backing up your beliefs no matter what.

I think Silenceo that you suffered from allowing Zoltan to dictate the debate, hence your inability to argue Vader as successfully as need be. For example, I argued Krayt since he was the basis for my entire team, forgetting to argue Vader (or choosing not to) cost you dearly.

I would also perhaps suggest dropping Desann. I very much appreciate your reasoning for using him, I just feel now is not the time to push respect for new characters.

Good luck in round two, I have immense faith that you can make it back up into the winners circle for a shot in the semi finals.

Messed up the colours a bit, deal with it :p

Edited by Selenial

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: THIS DEBATE IS CLOSED

Victor: Team Cs_Zoltan

Team Zoltan will proceed to the Quarter-Finals, Team Silenceo to the Runner's Up Bracket.

Well done to all and good luck for the future rounds!

LOL. Nice one Sel. :D

And well done Zoltan, I will what your progress with great interest. :jawa_evil:

And good luck to Silenceo in the Runner's Up Bracket.

CORRECTION: I believe it is 'watch', though why you asked us to fill it in is inefficient. :d_wink:

DECLARATION: I shall return from this 'Runners up Bracket' and I shall settle the score.

THREATENING STATEMENT: I shall not fail a second time, for those who stand in my way,

CORRECTION: I believe it is 'watch', though why you asked us to fill it in is inefficient. :d_wink:

DECLARATION: I shall return from this 'Runners up Bracket' and I shall settle the score.

THREATENING STATEMENT: I shall not fail a second time, for those who stand in my way,

Oopsie. :p

Lawls we shall see.