The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SWTOR Duelling Tournament - Heats/Round 1B: ShadowMudkip vs StarSquirrel

Beniboybling

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except the fact that it does heal is obviously not. Llama heals in that encounter, so her healing isn't just gameplay. Its there to indicate that her battle meditation is the same sphere as Worror Dowmat and The Exile.

I added an "L" and fixed it for you.:jawa_biggrin:

Sel, your quote says "generally" but the Jedi of the NJO order mastered Battle Meld and there are plenty of accounts of Jaina and Zekk using it without anyone else involved and more so after the Joiner incident. I believe she also used it with Kyp a lot as well, though I'd have to go look through that again.

Actually I would like to know where that quote comes from. Also which three family members could barely hold it together?

Except it's specifically talking about NJO Jedi, it's from the Essential Guide to the Force.

Oh, and Anakin, Jacen and Jaina.

Except the fact that it does heal is obviously not. Lama heals in that encounter, so her healing isn't just gameplay. Its there to indicate that her battle meditation is the same sphere as Worror Dowmat and The Exile.

Not neccisarily A raid encounter has 2 healers as this is the 1 player version of a raid fight the 2 healers is neccisary to give that "raid experience" to a single player, thus they needed at least 1 more person to preform that role. thus there you go. It exists to give that player experience solely as for the purpose of the game.

Except it's specifically talking about NJO Jedi, it's from the Essential Guide to the Force.

Oh, and Anakin, Jacen and Jaina.

When did they have trouble? I don't ever recall that... I'm not saying you're wrong I just don't remember that ever happening.

I already have, I'd suggest following suit.

I'd rather actually sort it than just pretend we don't see him posting endlessly. Because this exact same thing will happen when Rayla tries to use Surik's battle meditation...

I'd rather actually sort it than just pretend we don't see him posting endlessly. Because this exact same thing will happen when Rayla tries to use Surik's battle meditation...

Or anything related to Revan or HK.

You're referring to one of the first times they ever did it? Well, yeah obviously... they got better. :cool:

Perhaps, but the book is written years after that battle and makes no mention of s difference as they got better, regarding using less people.

Edited by Selenial

I already have. The game depicts Satele using BM in combat to bolster the powers of her allies, therefore she can, Tunewalker has yet to provide a valid reason for why this is purely a game mechanic, so it stands.

Any further discussion on the matter is a waste of breath.

I already have. The game depicts Satele using BM in combat to bolster the powers of her allies, therefore she can, Tunewalker has yet to provide a valid reason for why this is purely a game mechanic, so it stands.

Any further discussion on the matter is a waste of breath.

So your ignoring my evidence and just making up the rules as you go I see.

If you wish I can copy paste and post it... again....

Perhaps, but the book is written years after that battle and makes no mention of s difference as they got better, regarding using less people.

Perhaps you're right and I just didn't think it through.

I have never read that source and have only been aware of the information in the novels which made it seem like a Meld didn't have a minimum limit.

Eh, oh well. Between using NJO jedi and non-force users I guess I shot myself in the foot enough that infection was bound to occur...

*Shrugs*

Well I have plenty of strong arguments regardless. I'll focus on those, and something to remember in the future. I had considered putting together Jaina, Corran, Kyp, and Mara Jade... but that felt too easy.

Perhaps you're right and I just didn't think it through.

I have never read that source and have only been aware of the information in the novels which made it seem like a Meld didn't have a minimum limit.

Eh, oh well. Between using NJO jedi and non-force users I guess I shot myself in the foot enough that infection was bound to occur...

*Shrugs*

Well I have plenty of strong arguments regardless. I'll focus on those, and something to remember in the future. I had considered putting together Jaina, Corran, Kyp, and Mara Jade... but that felt too easy.

Honestly, I know I'm shooting my self in the foot here, but the three person limit is likely due to stability reason. Remember that the meld is dangerous and unstable, the limit was probably a safeguard.

One other thing folks, consider the terrain in your arguments, we are not dealing with an open space here.

A brief overview in that direction

- Jaina spent her entire early training on Yavin and is quite familiar with the terrain and how to use it in combat.

- Corran spent much of his training on Yavin and is quite familiar with the terrain and how to use it in combat

- High perches provide Boba Fett with exceptional vantage points and sniper posts

- Walls provide Durge with ability to close on the Jedi and suffer less from their telekinetic skills before reaching them for a fist fight. His own Jetpack also allows him good vantage points and the ability to ambush/dive bomb jedi with little warning.

Also, Jaina and Corran have experience setting numerous ambushes for force users and their skill at force concealment allows them to spring that ambush even on force users.

Now here's a few questions Beni:

- Do both teams know who is on the other team or how many members they have at the start? Or are they basically dropped in saying there is a team of between 2-4 enemies?

- Do they spawn on opposite sides of the battlefield outside of eachother's sightline?