• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was one of the first things he did as the new Emperor:

- Bought all bullet points currently available

- Placed heavy restrictions on newly crafted ones

- Lots of Luxury food, order with bullet points

- Made a cloak out of bullet points, to symbolize their power

:cool:

A question though, so this post has SOMETHING to do with the match... :rolleyes: Do any of your guys have feats of predicting long-range fire Kip?

)

lol give me my bullets back. But, what do you mean by predicting long range fire?

lol give me my bullets back. But, what do you mean by predicting long range fire?

Boba has a Disruptor rifle... poor Jedi...

Also I said he can fight with a saber, I'm not putting his skills on the level of Grievous's. Basically I was making the point that if a Jedi closed to hand-to-hand Boba could hold his own. Basically cutting you off before you could make a silly argument that Boba couldn't face a Jedi in hand-to-hand

Corran Horn

A Jedi of the New Jedi Order, he was a Council Member and part of Luke's first class of Jedi despite not always being present (he spent some time away getting blown up and inheriting the memories of his ancestor from a Camassi while taking now a Pirate Queen and her army of anti-jedi force-users). He was trained by Luke, and in one of his first displays of power while training at the Jedi Academy, he uses an illusion to convince everyone present (including Luke and various other powerful jedi) that he'd lifted a large rock.

He proceeded to master lightsaber combat, being hailed as one of the greatest Lightsaber combatants of his era and wielding a very unique saber that extends. His extensive military training prior to being a Jedi also saw him developing a tactical awareness, force sense, and battle precognition unmatched even by many Jedi.

Despite a lack of telekinetic abilities, he developed powerful mind powers mastering Mind Trick and illusions to the degree he could use them (again, with minimal training) on the Spirit of Exar Kun, one of the most powerful Sith ever. Oh, and did I mention he also resisted Kun's mental assaults? Or that his force sense was such that he could detect Kun's presence when he tried to spy on the jedi?

Lets also focus on his abilities during the Vong war, when he is more well trained. He manages to duel Shedao Shai and kill him, the supreme commander of the Vong, one of the deadliest species to have ever existed. He's fought hordes of these deadly enemies, and won. His force healing is exceptional, as his his ability to implant ideas into other's minds.

An overview. I wish I had quote but it would literally take me weeks to read through all the material he's in and pull out all his combat and force feats. I've been focusing on some of the key ones here, but he made it to the level of Council member for a very good reason."]

Boba has a Disruptor rifle... poor Jedi...

Also I said he can fight with a saber, I'm not putting his skills on the level of Grievous's. Basically I was making the point that if a Jedi closed to hand-to-hand Boba could hold his own. Basically cutting you off before you could make a silly argument that Boba couldn't face a Jedi in hand-to-hand

I wasn't going to make a "silly" argument about Boba being unable to fight hand to hand, however, you will find my team has two hand-to-hand combatants that are superior to Boba, as you will see in my write ups very shortly. :jawa_evil:

I wasn't going to make a "silly" argument about Boba being unable to fight hand to hand, however, you will find my team has two hand-to-hand combatants that are superior to Boba, as you will see in my write ups very shortly. :jawa_evil:

I have no doubt. Problem is, as I've shown already, Boba won't be facing them hand-to-hand, I was merely ensuring people respected his skill in that area and didn't try to paint him as a weak close-combat fighter. He's nearly killed Vader twice, and once he only didn't because he didn't want the whole Empire chasing him down.

I have no doubt. Problem is, as I've shown already, Boba won't be facing them hand-to-hand, I was merely ensuring people respected his skill in that area and didn't try to paint him as a weak close-combat fighter. He's nearly killed Vader twice, and once he only didn't because he didn't want the whole Empire chasing him down.

Were his Vader feats actually canon? I vaguely remember Wolf saying otherwise...I could very well be wrong though so don't shoot me.

When Jaina trains with Boba Fett, he produces a lightsaber and proceeds to stomp her into the dirt. However I don't recall saying he'd master lightsaber combat, merely done well against elite Jedi (namely Jaina). If I gave that impression or said that I apologize I was incorrect. Here are the quotes from the fight where Fett uses a saber against Jaina (and to be fair there isn't a lot of actually using a saber on his part). There also the time in Prey that he wields a saber against Vader.
I thought the whole Vader thing was non-canon.

But does Fett actually possess his own lightsaber? That excerpt was pretty vague as to what actually happened. It also says the lightsaber is the only weapon he hasn't mastered, seems strange he would carry one on his person. Though really I don't think it would be fair to give Boba a lightsaber, not that it isn't an impressive feat.

We see battle meditation always used in large scale combat, because that is where it makes the biggest dent, thus it would actually require active meditation in order to use the ability on such large scale. However we don't see meditation used in small scale combat, so why would we assume that it requires the same level of concentration as large scale meditation? Also, we are speaking about Bastila Shan, the greatest user of battle meditation in the star wars mythos. She mastered the ability before her prime. She will have no trouble with it at all.
We do actually, Meetra Surik uses a form of BM during the Battle of Onderon:

Shan also had to remain stationary in order to use BM to assist her allies in SOR.

But you are correct, BM doesn't just boost morale, it boosts strength.

Fight Mechanics are still fight mechanics, also again I remind every one that an ops battle is still equally possible. They are unchanged because they are part of hte "fight mechanics" their abilities exist what was used in the fight and how they won is all 100% ambiguis as fight mechanics are not canon.
Game mechanics aren't non-canon by default, only if you can prove they exist solely for the purposes of the game, obviously Satele must possess the ability to use battle meditation to use it in a fight, and I see no reason to believe the way it was portrayed was inaccurate.

And that's my final decision on the matter.

He's nearly killed Vader twice, and once he only didn't because he didn't want the whole Empire chasing him down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhnY8pU3rFc&t=0m21s

I thought the whole Vader thing was non-canon.

But does Fett actually possess his own lightsaber? That excerpt was pretty vague as to what actually happened. It also says the lightsaber is the only weapon he hasn't mastered, seems strange he would carry one on his person. Though really I don't think it would be fair to give Boba a lightsaber, not that it isn't an impressive feat.We do actually, Meetra Surik uses a form of BM during the Battle of Onderon:

Shan also had to remain stationary in order to use BM to assist her allies in SOR.

But you are correct, BM doesn't just boost morale, it boosts strength.Game mechanics aren't non-canon by default, only if you can prove they exist solely for the purposes of the game, obviously Satele must possess the ability to use battle meditation to use it in a fight, and I see no reason to believe the way it was portrayed was inaccurate.

And that's my final decision on the matter.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhnY8pU3rFc&t=0m21s

And as usual your decision is wrong. The Mechanics of the fight exist to facilitate the players role in the fight, all characters present in that fight are using abilities that would facilitate an interesting gaming experience for the player. This includes Satele. Can she use Battle Meditation, Absolutely. Did she use it in that fight, Maybe we dont know, did it have a large effect on that fight, thats absolutely completely unknown as health numbers and all that are all game mechanics, game stats arent usable you guys gave that same thing to Silenceo for Jerec and rightfully so especially when Meetra can become a Higher "level" then Revan but according to the only source I have seen that doesnt have shaky game mechanics behind it Revan is clearly stronger. I have yet to EVER see a single game mechanic that was accurate to character ever. Super RotJ? Nope, Shadows of Empire? Nope, Force unleashed? nope, nothing there is no game that has an accurate representation of a character in GAME MECHANICS, cut scenese sure, mechanics... never.

Hmm...

*digs through his pile of gifs*

Here's a good one!

give me 1 I will back off on it. I have never seen a game mechanic accurately depict a character, you show me one then I will have seen it and I can accept game mechanics as something to go off of.

Edit: we have how many people here claiming it and all of you are supposedly wonderful in the terms of lore (I believe so any way) and not 1 can provide the example I am looking for?

Edited by tunewalker

give me 1 i will back off on it. I have never seen a game mechanic accurately depict a character, you show me one then i will have seen it and i can accept game mechanics as something to go off of.

KoTOR

Edited by Aurbere

KoTOR

Game mechanics were never accurate to character, just look how many people claim Revan was "weakened" or what have you in the Novel. Clearly not an accurate depiction of the Revan that is in canon the Revan that is in the Novel. Please try again. I have seen that one, and its GAME MECHANICS do not accurately depict its characters.

Edit: for greater clarity the light side ending is supposedly canon and Revan himself was lightside and yet had Force Lightning according to game mechanics it should exhaust is force power much quicker to use force lightning but no depiction of him in the book has ever seen Lightning be more "exhausting" for him then any other power, that is game mechanics being inaccurate to character.

Edited by tunewalker

Game mechanics were never accurate to character, just look how many people claim Revan was "weakened" or what have you in the Novel. Clearly not an accurate depiction of the Revan that is in canon the Revan that is in the Novel. Please try again. I have seen that one, and its GAME MECHANICS do not accurately depict its characters.

You're right, actually. KoTOR displays him as weaker than other sources. :jawa_evil:

Edit: Regardless, you're ruling out everything that happens in games for no reason. Canon has never said that everything except cutscenes was non-canon. Source me on that, if you will.

Edited by Aurbere

Check my edit tbh.

Things are a bit more complicated with the matter of Star Wars games. The overall scenario and documentation (cutscenes, manuals, strategy guides etc) are proper EU (see C-canon below). This, however, doesn't apply to "game mechanics" and stats.

N-Canon: Non Canon. This is fairly straightforward. N-Canon pertains to anything in the Star Wars universe of any media form that has been specifically stated as non-canon. There are a select few things that have been established as being universally N-Canon, regardless of what they originated from. The prime example of this is game mechanics (character upgrades, semantics of fights, etc.). Although the story lines in Star Wars video games are canon (barring alternate endings), game mechanics are always N-Canon. N-Canon is typically referred to in Star Wars media as Infinities.

Where does it say game mechanics are non-canon.... Every where, litterally everywhere.

(edit: if you are looking for the orginal source that would be Leland Chee on Game info vs Story info.)

Edited by tunewalker

Things are a bit more complicated with the matter of Star Wars games. The overall scenario and documentation (cutscenes, manuals, strategy guides etc) are proper EU (see C-canon below). This, however, doesn't apply to "game mechanics" and stats.

N-Canon: Non Canon. This is fairly straightforward. N-Canon pertains to anything in the Star Wars universe of any media form that has been specifically stated as non-canon. There are a select few things that have been established as being universally N-Canon, regardless of what they originated from. The prime example of this is game mechanics (character upgrades, semantics of fights, etc.). Although the story lines in Star Wars video games are canon (barring alternate endings), game mechanics are always N-Canon. N-Canon is typically referred to in Star Wars media as Infinities.

Where does it say game mechanics are non-canon.... Every where, litterally everywhere.

(edit: if you are looking for the orginal source that would be Leland Chee on Game info vs Story info.)

Link tbh

Link tbh

2 for the price of 1

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/silver2467/blog/star-wars-canon-classes/64300/

The leland chee direct quotes that were used for this no longer exists... cus disney, other wise I would link you directly to them.

Like I said.... literally every where....

Edit: Dont worry I will have to link all this again a few months from now when people think I am pulling these claims out of my rear and just making stuff up.

Edited by tunewalker

Ok to clarify two points.

- I never said Battle Meditation didn't boost allies, while I didn't specifically mention strength I never said it didn't make them stronger I just wasn't going to hand you the ammunition, I'll let you figure it out for yourself ;). What if fails to do, that Force Meld does, is link the minds of the users. Shadowmudkip was trying to argue that Battle Meditation is somehow equal to Force Meld when they aren't. Force Meld has all the advantages of Battle Meditation as well as a personal link at least when you consider a small scale conflict (admittedly, BM is better large-scale as it can affect more people). Regardless of game mechanics (which honestly I feel hurt your case more than anything) Force Meld > Battle Meditation for the purposes of this duel which is the point I'm trying to get at.

- As for Boba Fett. Beni I seriously don't care if Boba has a lightsaber. I don't know why you're so fixated on it, but I really don't care. It was merely a single example among many I can provide of his skill in melee combat. Trust me, I have much more use for his other tools and weapons. Like the disruptor sniper that Shadowmudkip still hasn't addressed...

Correction: Previously I made an argument for Corran Horn that he used energy absorbed from a lightsaber stab to vaporize a pair of enemies. The instance I believe this to have taken place I reread to be sure and discovered an important detail. He didn't vaporize an enemy, instead he used it to mentally transfer excruciating and unbearable pain to others while being stabbed. If someone does know the source for the stabbing + vaporizing I'd appreciate it (if it exists) but for now ignore that particular argument and focus on how Corran's telekinesis and illusions become extremely more powerful when he absorbs energy.

Not a huge issue... just want to be sure I present accurate information.

Side Note: Oh, and re-reading I-Jedi, I discovered that when the warehouse blew up and he harnessed the energy to make a planet-wide mass illusion, he still had energy left over that he blasted into the sky. Just to show how he doesn't even need that much energy to cause mass illusions.

Edited by StarSquirrel

Ok to clarify two points.

- I never said Battle Meditation didn't boost allies, while I didn't specifically mention strength I never said it didn't make them stronger I just wasn't going to hand you the ammunition, I'll let you figure it out for yourself ;). What if fails to do, that Force Meld does, is link the minds of the users. Shadowmudkip was trying to argue that Battle Meditation is somehow equal to Force Meld when they aren't. Force Meld has all the advantages of Battle Meditation as well as a personal link at least when you consider a small scale conflict (admittedly, BM is better large-scale as it can affect more people). Regardless of game mechanics (which honestly I feel hurt your case more than anything) Force Meld > Battle Meditation for the purposes of this duel which is the point I'm trying to get at.

- As for Boba Fett. Beni I seriously don't care if Boba has a lightsaber. I don't know why you're so fixated on it, but I really don't care. It was merely a single example among many I can provide of his skill in melee combat. Trust me, I have much more use for his other tools and weapons. Like the disruptor sniper that Shadowmudkip still hasn't addressed...

Except for here's the deal, you can meld two individuals, I can boost four. Meditation does not have to be some thing where the user is isolated in perfect concentration. In all instances of that, the user was influencing a massive amount of people, such as ships, armies, fleets, even entire factions. To say that using it on 4 individuals would require the same standards is ludicrous.

As I have said before, I don't need meld to link my team, Satele and Koon are accomplished telepaths, who can communicate with the others mentally, and read the minds of their opponents.

As far as the disruptor rifle, its an energy weapon, it can be blocked by a lightsaber. Alternatively, Koon can redirect it using Shien into Durges head :jawa_angel:

Finally, on Battle meditation and force barrier, I have evidence that Satele can use both, and that she can use barrier in conjunction with other abilities.

Now I am going to post my Koon and Fisto write-ups.