The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SWTOR Duelling Tournament - Heats

Beniboybling

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://twitter.com/HolocronKeeper/status/383263147445854208

Purely for game play falls under the category of numbers. Thus as I was saying before, while Satele CAN use Battle Meditation the "affects" of its buff are a purely for game play thing. just like health is and the ability to pick up a med pack and instantly heal wounds, dispearing enemies after you kill them or taking x amount of shots before going down. They are game statistics and purely for the sake of the game. While Satele is capable of using it, it will not manifest in the EXACT same manner as it does in game.

Further the "anything that does not contradict" goes back to what I was saying before about option A, B and C. they all contradict with each other, it does not specify that it has to contradict with CONFIRMED canon sources only that it has to contradict, as all contradict all are not C-canon, that does not mean they are N-canon, just that they can not be elivated to C-canon as they contradict with one another and all are possibly C-canon thus all possibly contradict with C-canon and thus can not be considered C-canon until 1 is determined to be the "right" answer which bioware will never give which means none can be elevated to C-canon ever By the definition of Does not Contradict. If the choices were not contradictory there would be no issue, but since they are they can not be C-canon.

Edit: to be clear For something to be C-canon it can not contradict with canon. As they all contradict with one another none can be "canon" Bioware litterally says this here

we will not be setting a “canon” version of any class or world storyline. Your choices matter – that’s at the heart of our storytelling philosophy at BioWare.
If they say there is not a canon version that means no version of the story is C-canon, now in your interpretation that means Lelands quote means none of the story contradicts with any C-canon material thus all of it is C-canon, but the moment you do that all of it contradicts with itself and thus all of it Contradicts with C-canon and thus is not C-canon..... loop until infinatum. But its easy as pie to determine if any of it is "canon" because we just have to look at the bioware post
we will not be setting a “canon” version
right there it says it clear as day plain as crystal. There is no "canon" version which means NO dialog options are C-canon.

I think that makes burden of proof full filled.

Edited by tunewalker

And neither of them are non-canon either, for reasons explained. Bar that your just twisting Chee's words and as I said, I'm no longer interested in having this discussion, so I don't know why you are attempting to continue it.

Anyway, again, as for what is relevant.

1. Your points about advanced classes seems fair, essentially it only determines their load out, they still have access to all the skill sets and abilities of the alternate class as far as they are able to apply them.

2. Nobody every claimed that the buffs Satele gave to her team were canon, so I don't disagree there.

You stated two pages ago you'd already made your decision. On a more fruitful note I was wondering if a fully fledged Kaggath tournament based on force users entirely, and one it's polar opposite, is on the table. Edited by LadyKulvax

Well there is a legitimate discussion to be had here, so I'd appreciate your courtesy.

Thank you beni. On the last one I am going to make one last clearity on my position and be done with it.

I am not saying All SWTOR is non-canon, only that contradictory material in SWTOR is non-canon. There is A LOT of material in SWTOR that never contradicts thus that loop that I described never starts. Thus as leland says anything that DOESNT contradict is C-canon.

Examples of Non contradictory material.

Hero of Tython's master

Hero of Tython's Apprentice

Hero of Tython helping the refugees to be betrayed by him

Emperor's wrath master

Emperor's wrath betryal by master

Even planet quests and Ops quests and the like all have a begginning a middle and an end that are largely devoid of changes do to player imput.

so on and so forth there is SO MUCH in this game where your choices dont matter even in the slightest as such there is a lot of non-contradictory material and thus a LOT of canon material to be had.

Examples of contradictory material

Taking a planet quest (the option is if you do or do not take the quest thus that is non-canon, but if you DO take it there is no contradictory material in the quest itself, thus the quest's STORY LINE is canon, just the fact that which ever character took it is not)

Advanced classes (again very contradictory choices)

Choices that result in character living or dieing.

Protagonist Personalities

Beyond that I am struggling to come up with ANYTHING that is in fact contradictory, and thus falls right where Leland says it does, but when we DO come to a contradictory scene if we are going to use it that's fair but we need to take it with the same grains of Salt that we take the OCW stuff with.

Edit: I am not twisting anything, it says anything that contradicts which as clear as day if we have a contradiction we have non-canon, if we dont we have C-canon that's what it says. That's what you are saying isnt it? as to why these things are C-canon because they dont "contradict" with anything...until you assume they are all c-canon in which they do which causes the problematic loop of which I was refering which was answered by bioware as to the "proper" response.. there is NO canon, No canon= non-canon which solves and ends the loop. But this loop only activates when contradictory material presents itself.

Edit 2: this should be my end of it, do as you will with it, but there is plenty here to justify my opinion on this matter, if you disagree with that opinion that is fine, but with out more evidence to the contrary that does not invalidate my own opinion.

Edited by tunewalker

Just need quick clarification on the use LS and DS feats for the Wrath. With DS feats being the accepted norm, I just wanted to know for sure whather LS feats are okay as well.

Apparently we're going with both. To my dismay. :p

Would the same apply for Meetra Surik?

As far as I am aware from the debate the ruling was... Yes, yes it would...

Edit: a ruling I do openly oppose do to the reasoning behind the Ruling. (had more here stricken from the record as I felt it sounded to argumentative, if any one wishes to know the reasoning that I oppose and I feel was never addressed as my opposition was already tired by that point ask and I will link, as I have no desire to open the matter further when it will just lead to the annoyance of more people I will just leave my "I oppose" as to continue distancing myself from the ruling with out continuing to debate the merits of the ruling.)

Edited by tunewalker

No it doesn't apply to Meetra. In her Dark Path she killed the Jedi Masters and drained their power, Nihilus style. Anything she accomplishes to that end isn't something she could do as a light sided Jedi. Edited by Selenial

They are as proof of what he could do.

But there's also what they would or wouldn't do, right? I mean for an example, since morals and personalities apply, Meetra wouldn't use force crush, which was the last DS power she gets, even if she could.

No it doesn't apply to Meetra. In her Dark Path she killed the Jedi Masters and drained their power, Nihilus style. Anything she accomplishes to that end isn't something she could do as a light sided Jedi.
My thoughts really, I can't think of any DS feats that LS Meetra would be able to perform.

Other than beating the Jedi Masters, but that's a given considering her own accomplishments.

Edited by Beniboybling

But there's also what they would or wouldn't do, right? I mean for an example, since morals and personalities apply, Meetra wouldn't use force crush, which was the last DS power she gets, even if she could.
Naturally, which is why I advocate a case-by-case basis approach, with the mindset that they can be considered valid. Though in the case of the Wrath, there really isn't anything he wouldn't do.