FPS since 3.0

Miyran

I understand this has been brought up many many times, BUT, I'd like to bump the subject again.

Since 3.0 there has been a massive shift in fps stability: where some players could play wz and ops with relative (graphical) ease, now it seems to have devolved into Stutter Wars. One case I've heard of, recently anyway, is someone going from 50 fps to 7fps in a warzone, but their performance BEFORE 3.0 was fine.

From what I've heard, it's possibly something to do with the UI, I'm not sure, coding isn't my thing.

Now, by looking at the BEFORE and AFTER effect, it's clear to see that something went wrong, and with that in mind it should be something that should be rectified BEFORE the release of the new expansion - if possible.

NOTE: This is not an issue I suffer from personally, as my PC is quite beefed up - more so than it should be for the performance gains I DO get from the game.

Before 3.0 I had 110 FPS on planets and 60 FPS on warzones and crowded areas.

Now I am unable to play.

I have 40 FPS with huge drops everywhere and slideshow on warzones.

I tried everything to improve FPS: compatybility mode with XP SP3, SWTOR Unleashed, Drivers, D3D, clean reinstall, system reinstall, .ini file changes. Still same.

Since 3.0 I am unable to play.

Yes, this is an issue that should have been explained and elaborated on. Everyone noticed a change. Do not deny it. I was somewhat able to play SWTOR on my old rig with gtx 275, now i cannot since 3.0.

Some people theorize it's due dot spec mechanic and extra graphical effects it's causing. Weird but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a factor.