Outfit Designer not complying

MasterAtin

I don't know if I'm not doing something right, or if it's some broken system, but atm I'm really frustrated with the outfit designer.

It should literally be as easy as 1 2 3.

I'm trying to get the chest piece dye to unify the rest of my armor but to no avail. I had trouble with this a number of weeks ago and I simply just bought a dye for each piece of armor.

Very counter-intuitive for the outfit designer concept and purpose.

I haven't the slightest clue why I'm unable to access an outfit and successfully apply "Unify Colors." I keep getting that red message about "You must have a chest piece stamped in order to unify colors for this outfit. Only stamped slots will be unified." Hahahahaha what? My chest piece is stamped.

I'm certain I'm doing something very wrong. Why on earth would this particular aesthetic service require you to purchase a multitude of dyes? I've purchased several additional outfits trying to troubleshoot this thing. I wouldn't mind going the expensive route and buying a dye for each armoring, but this dye is somewhat rare to find on gtn.

It's like spending an hour designing your toon's face only to have it covered by a BA helmet. What's the point?

Do you have a chest piece in the outfit you are currently trying to unify, or are you trying to unify to your equipped chest piece without adding it to the outfit? The first option will work, the second will not. If the actual outfit does not have an item in the chest section, you cannot unify to chest. You also cannot unify to the Covert Torso Energy Armor.

Basically, if you want to reuse the chest you are already wearing in a different outfit, you have to add it to the new outfit if you want to unify colors.