The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The SWTOR Duelling Tournament

Beniboybling

Reminder that Fisto lasted, in comparison, considerably longer than the first two (names escape me). Additionally, this is Sidious we are talking about here, no one would have lasted long. Had Kenobi or Ti been in his place, the outcome would have been the same.

Juuuust going to leave this all for when the action starts, but I did borrow something from the Most Powerful thread...

With preternatural speed the Emperor drew, ignited, and slashed at the girl with his lightsaber, but Vader had sensed his Master's intent and moved with greater speed, igniting his own blade and intercepting his Master's blow before it could land.

Bonus quote from the other thread.

VADER COMPLETED HIS MEDITATION and opened his eyes. His pale, flame-savaged face stared back at him from out of the reflective black surface of his pressurized meditation chamber. Without the neural connection to his armor, he was conscious of the stumps of his legs, the ruin of his arm, the perpetual pain in his flesh. He welcomed it. Pain fed his hate, and hate fed his strength. Once, as a Jedi, he had meditated to find peace. Now he meditated to sharpen the edges of his anger.

He stared at his reflection a long time. His injuries had deformed his body, left it a ruin, but they’d perfected his spirit, strengthening his connection to the Force. Suffering had birthed insight.

Do note, I am not participating in debating at this time however, just sharing some quotes...

Edited by Silenceo

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Juuuust going to leave this all for when the action starts, but I did borrow something from the Most Powerful thread...

Bonus quote from the other thread.

Do note, I am not participating in debating at this time however, just sharing some quotes...

Interesting, I am curious, where is that first quote from?

I want to say it is one of the newer Disney books, but would have to confirm from Beni.

Lords of the Sith, but let's not be selective here;

Vader looked from his Master to the dark mouth of the mine inside of which Drua and the rest of the villagers had fled. He felt the Emperor's eyes on him, the intensity of the gaze, the weight of his expectations, and Vader knew that the day's events had been only half about depleting a rebel movement before it could grow. They had also, as Vader had suspected, been about testing him, forcing him to face the ghosts of his past and exorcise them forever and fully. He saw that more clearly now; saw, too, that his Master was right to administer the test. It also explained why his Master had shown so little of his true power throughout the day. Perhaps he'd wanted Vader to rely on himself to overcome the challenges they'd faced. Or perhaps he'd wanted to seem weaker than he was, to draw out any treacherous ambitions Vader may have held.

Lords of the Sith, but let's not be selective here;

Not being selective Sel. I don't own the book, you know I tend to only own so very few of the books, and most of them Legends. :rolleyes: Heck, if I had that book Conquest would be on temporary leave for more than just loooong maintenance. :p

Edited by Silenceo

Not being selective Sel. I don't own the book, you know I tend to only own so very few of the books, and most of them Legends. :rolleyes: Heck, if I had that book Conquest would be on temporary leave for more than just loooong maintenance. :p

That quote was in the same Beni post from the Most Powerful thread.

That quote was in the same Beni post from the Most Powerful thread.

I DID say I borrowed it from that thread... I sited my source, kinda. :p :p :p

Side Note: Posting the counter quote for a quote that you yourself post, is kind of... counter-intuitive. :rolleyes: Though, like I said, wasn't meant to start a debate or anything. More of a "interesting" type thing. As if I would rely on such a readily counter-able quote when it came to the actual debate. :p

Edited by Silenceo

I try my best. Everyone has a formidable team, honestly.

Doesn't mean I can't indulge in a little trash talk. :p

A few words from Imperial Fist.

Desann

Hey, I am merely forwarding their thoughts, don't shoot the messenger. :cool:

I really like some of the teams that were submitted. Some are a bit terrifying to say the least.

:jawa_evil: Edited by Silenceo

Sounds neat, if there is still opportunity to participate I have a faction here. I have a preference for non-force users however I recognize that it won't exactly be easy to bring some of the big names here down... However I will attempt to try.

- Durge (10)

- Boba Fett (10)

- Jaina (45)

- Corran Horn (35)

I think I would concur with Sel and have Corran placed at 30, if we're all in agreement on that I can lock this in.

I think I would concur with Sel and have Corran placed at 30, if we're all in agreement on that I can lock this in.

I have a minor Question:

Can we please name the teams something other than our usernames? Its a bit silly. :p (Though I understand why, its just a minor cosmetic thing. :rolleyes: )

Side Note: Now, we wait for Star to begin wondering what the heck he is supposed to do with his 5 extra credits... :p (WTB credit sink for individual credits! :D :D :D)

Edited by Silenceo

I have a minor Question:

Can we please name the teams something other than our usernames? Its a bit silly. :p (Though I understand why, its just a minor cosmetic thing. :rolleyes: )

Side Note: Now, we wait for Star to begin wondering what the heck he is supposed to do with his 5 extra credits... :p (WTB credit sink for individual credits! :D :D :D)

Well its not really typical for teams/groups/strike teams to have names so I didn't really consider it... if everyone wants to give a name to their team then I guess but I realistically don't have one. :o

Well its not really typical for teams/groups/strike teams to have names so I didn't really consider it... if everyone wants to give a name to their team then I guess but I realistically don't have one. :o

Agreed, besides given how much of a Debater vs Debater tournament this is, I think teams being named after us is much more fitting.