The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The SWTOR Duelling Tournament

Beniboybling

Side Note: I feel as if the point system could open up a bit, since there are force users less lethal than some of the non-force users being used such as Durge, but still have the minimum fee of 20. I mean, what if it wasn't limited by number but instead merely by credits? (Imagines a team of non-force users being possible. 4 IG-88's, Bossk, Boba Fett, Durge, HK-47, HK-51, and Jango Fett. Cue insanity.) Another question I have is, was the credit system used in the predecessor thread on the other forum, or was it made in this incarnation?

It was based out of 10, not 100 on the other forums. They didn't have the ability to use 1.5/2.5/3.5 etc, but I suggested we did that to actually open out the usable characters a lot more. We also changed a few of the values on characters.

I'd argued the idea of removing a 4 character limit, but Beni raised a valid point that having many more than 4 and the battle becomes to hectic to actually debate.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You and your Ti fangirling. I remember when you pushed Ventress over Ti. Not so much anymore, huh? :p

Silence peon :jawa_evil:

I remember when Beni suggested Shaak Ti was stomped by Galen and wasn't a warrior in any shape or form. My thread did a lot for many people :p

Silence peon :jawa_evil:

I remember when Beni suggested Shaak Ti was stomped by Galen and wasn't a warrior in any shape or form. My thread did a lot for many people :p

For a moment there, I thought you said Silenceo Peon... :eek:

That said, Shaak Ti is impressive, though just not the type of character I favor. Plo Koon... That is a awesome Jedi. :cool:

For a moment there, I thought you said Silenceo Peon... :eek:

That said, Shaak Ti is impressive, though just not the type of character I favor. Plo Koon... That is a awesome Jedi. :cool:

Ah, see? Someone with some sense. You may yet prove to be a vassal worthy of me.

Ah, see? Someone with some sense. You may yet prove to be a vassal worthy of me.

Inquisitor Jerec > Plo Koon

Oh no! I DID IT AGAIN! :eek:

(To be fair, there are definitely those here who > Jerec. :rolleyes: )

Biased support of Jerec, Away!

Also Sel, that is likely to happen anyways. Since Zoltan and I both seem to want to know the outcome of Jerec vs Obiwan and Vader vs Windu, which we both have setup. Just throw in Shaak Ti and Desann and its a party. (Truthfully, I am optimistic of Obiwan vs Jerec due to Obiwans weakness to force attacks, and Jerec's constant use of force attacks... :cool: Might turn into Desann + Jerec vs Shaak Ti though. No one would step between Windu vs Vader... :o )

That said, Plo Koon is definitely one of my favorite Jedi, despite my knowledge on him being very sketchy. Might have to visit that thread of yours again Aurbere...

Edited by Silenceo

OK, well, what kind of team do you want?

Well looking through the teams already made, I want a team with good synergy, but could also hold there own should they be confronted by a powerful enemy. I know I want Satele and Plo in my team, that leaves me with 45 credits left. So i guess im looking for one last member.

Well looking through the teams already made, I want a team with good synergy, but could also hold there own should they be confronted by a powerful enemy. I know I want Satele and Plo in my team, that leaves me with 45 credits left. So i guess im looking for one last member.

EDIT: preferably something not NJO era, since my knowledge of that is limited.

Also just noticed i double posted for some reason. :confused:

Edited by ShadowMudkip

I would suggest Barsen'thor III, then you have enough for a support from a character like Voidhound or Meteor (TOR Smuggler and Trooper respectively)

Edited by Aurbere

Be unorthodox and go with a 4 force user team. Pick Qui-Gon and Quinlan Vos. :t_cool:

I already know :cool:

Glad you agree!

Seriously though, should be an interesting topic all things considered. For both fights. The real question is can Desann survive against Shaak Ti long enough for either of them to win their fights? (Desann is impressive if you look at all of his feats, but against Shaak Ti his chances of victory are... well.. Not sure. He did BFR NJO Luke Skywalker before. If he focused on delaying, I am sure he could survive long enough for the other duels to end. He isn't one to go down quickly, that is for sure. Stubborn lizard... :p )

Edited by Silenceo

Glad you agree!

Seriously though, should be an interesting topic all things considered. For both fights. The real question is can Desann survive against Shaak Ti long enough for either of them to win their fights? (Desann is impressive if you look at all of his feats, but against Shaak Ti his chances of victory are... well.. Not sure. He did BFR NJO Luke Skywalker before. If he focused on delaying, I am sure he could survive long enough for the other duels to end. He isn't one to go down quickly, that is for sure. Stubborn lizard... :p )

Shaak Ti would face Jerec. She's a more dangerous character than Kenobi is by far.

Shaak Ti would face Jerec. She's a more dangerous character than Kenobi is by far.

True, but mostly it would be hilarious.

(Scenario)

Jerec: Join me Kenobi, give into your hatred! Unlock your true power!

*Obi-Wan Flourishes his saber into his stance*

Obi-Wan: Oh, I don't think so...

Jerec: So be it...

*Jerec shoots lightning, and Obi-Wan leaps over him, and then...*

*Obi-Wan's barriers are weak*

But yeah, Jerec vs Shaak Ti would be interesting. While Obi-Wan is awesome, his weak barriers make him easy pray for force heavy combatants. Such as Nox, Traya, Jerec, and Zannah.

Hey now, I wanted to keep that a secret. Let him plan Kenobi vs Jerec :(

PS: Obi-Wan's force shield/barrier/defense whatever is hugely underestimated. It was only breached by Dooku, Force Raged Ventress and Maul after a 2vs1 duel. Afaik. It's not gona be breached by any pitiful force user.

Edited by cs_zoltan