The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The SWTOR Duelling Tournament

Beniboybling

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go for it, I'll write mine up now.

WARNING: I feel it apt to alert you, Mistress, that politics will play no part in my ranking. If it is to your displeasure, it is due to my programming. :d_wink:

1. Silenceo (of course, obvious reasons being obvious...) (That, and I feel that Darth Vader will combo very well with these two individuals. Jerec is insanely strong for a mere 25 credits, so I am going enjoy milking that. :d_evil: ) (Something to note: Relatively few characters in this event have armor, and so few used armor during the PT and NJO times if they were a force user. My team is the exception, which each of the three having armor capable of surviving light saber strikes in multiple areas, this shall be quite influential. )

2. Jarons (Mostly due to Starkiller being known to be equal or slightly stronger than Vader in the time period that he is present, though, I think Tune got ignored a bit too much when he showed the quotes for Vaders severe increases in speed and saber skill, which I of course will try to track down or gain his support :p )

3. Beniboybling (Dooku is notably superior to Jerec in saber dueling, however, I feel that Darth Vader should be able to handle him adequately, and that Desann Matches up quite well with Savage. However, the question that I ponder is Jerec vs Maul, since Maul is one of my favorite Sith Lords. :( As good as Maul is with the lightsaber, Jerec basically is with the force, which I find hard to decide which one would win in a no holds barred fight. However, I find it most likely that Jerec will merely have to survive until one of the other two finishes, which he could do just by flying and shooting energy balls if he wanted. :p )

4. Mistress Selenial (The synergy, the raw power, and the feroicity! Quite a fearsome trio, however, due to my low amount of knowledge in that space of time in the mythos, I can not accurately judge them.)

5. Cs_Zoltan (Plain and simple, Mace Windu and Shaak Ti are both exceptionally skilled. While I believe I have counters for both, as well as Obi-wan being surpassable easier here than he should be due to my chosen characters, this is part of why it is only rank 5. If Obi-wan falls early on as I estimate, it would be very hard indeed to defeat my own team. )

6. Aurbere (Normally I would rank Aurbere and Revan higher *though I thought he was forever banned from debates since the Kaggath incidents...* however, I see issues with his team composition which while plenty of power, could lead to in fighting and ultimately his down fall. Or as Palpatine said:

STATEMENT: I await others judgements and comments on my own forces, though I suspect most will over look it or rank it quite lowly. :d_frown:

Side Note: Edited to add in a 6th, since I did in fact count myself. :o

Edited by Silenceo

Well, if you think you win, leave yourself out and predict the winner as if you weren't in it.

Could be a solution.

I'm optimistic, but wouldn't go that far. Didn't mean myself. I meant you, Sel, and Beni :p

Well whatever, it won't hurt anyone. My predictions:

Sel

Aurbere

Beni

Rayla

StarS

I'm optimistic, but wouldn't go that far. Didn't mean myself. I meant you, Sel, and Beni :p

Well whatever, it won't hurt anyone. My predictions:

Sel

Aurbere

Beni

Rayla

StarS

I can honestly say that I am in general agreement with that. If it's not me who wins, it'll be Sel.

I can honestly say that I am in general agreement with that. If it's not me who wins, it'll be Sel.

STATEMENT: I modified my list by adding a 6th. Since I did count myself.

CLARIFICATION: It is not so much that I underestimate Revan, but rather... The team synergy. :d_wink:

STATEMENT: I modified my list by adding a 6th. Since I did count myself.

CLARIFICATION: It is not so much that I underestimate Revan, but rather... The team synergy. :d_wink:

Hmm, elaborate. I wasn't aware of any faults to my team.

Ok so I'm not putting myself in this until I've sorted my own arguments:

1. Aurbere: The obvious choice here. Decent (but not great) team, solid debating ability. He's rusty, but he's been proof reading my posts for me because I hate that, so he must have learned something by now :jawa_evil: People who could possibly defeat him? Cs_Zoltan has a nice counter team, Beni's team of consistently strong individuals stands a chance. My own of course would obliterate him :D
  2. Cs_Zoltan: Brilliant team, if she (?) can argue Obi-Wan's force barriers she can win, most definitely. That makes or breaks her team, but she has my Shaak Ti thread to fall back on should she need to obliterate her foes with a wall of feats. Seems to have an adept understanding of tiers that may not be entirely correct, but fits with the forum which will help with support.
  3. Beniboybling: Decent team, can be tore apart pretty easily depending on how well he can argue his characters. Honestly he should be a good enough debater to challenge any people who wanted to use the team as his own demise. Should he face myself or Aurbere however....
  4. Silenceo: Beautiful team, beautiful debater. I'm unsure on how many of you would beat his team, though I feel like Vader's inferiority to Krayt and Wyyrlok's superiority to Jerec (not to mention Talon and Desann) would bag me a win. Sufficed to say I hope we don't face for a while however.
  5. StarSquirrel: A decent team, I feel like he's going to argue them phenomenally. A lack of experience on certain eras may let him down, and leave him open to an assault by Aurbere, but should he draw on the sources available (including those of us around him) and disregard any of his bias, he'll go far

Edited by Selenial

Hmm, elaborate. I wasn't aware of any faults to my team.

SARCASTIC STATEMENT: To give you time to prepare? Oh yeesss! I will of course tell you all of the weaknesses so that you may win! Just as soon as people all respect Jerec. :d_evil:

I should change my avatar. A tip Sel, Zoltan is a hungarian male name ^^

QUERY: Oh? Now to calculate which is the truth, and which is the deception?

CLARIFICATION: Names on the internet can easily be chosen to mislead. For example, when I first came here, it seemed as if some of you thought I was a female... :d_frown:

You're a female now. The Internet will never know ;)

DECLARATION: The Mistress has spoken!

SARCASTIC STATEMENT: To give you time to prepare? Oh yeesss! I will of course tell you all of the weaknesses so that you may win! Just as soon as people all respect Jerec. :d_evil:

:/

Very well then. If it's an issue with Revan and Malgus, I can deal with it.

CLARIFICATION: Names on the internet can easily be chosen to mislead. For example, when I first came here, it seemed as if some of you thought I was a female... :d_frown:

Ant has a history of confusing men with women online, he used to have a bit of a thing for a guy before he found out "she" was indeed a he.