The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pay To Win? Whats next after level 60 charachters for real money in Cartel Market?

IceslayerMys

Whats next after level 60 charachters for real money in Cartel Market?

Heres some suggestions taken from other games:

guildwars 2 - they sell beta access indirectly if you preorder the game

ff14 - they sell crewslots for real money (not possible to get anywhere else, even as subscriber)

eso - they added a 50% xp potion that will likely be in their "cartel market" soon but swtor already has that

thats just some examples how mmorpgs follow along each other in the ever expanding "item mall" circus.'

so whats next for swtor? pay to win? raid level gear for sale in cartel market?

it does seem like your main goal of the game is to make as much money as possible

so you keep on dumping out this stuff in the cartel market, while at the same time

not developing new ops even half as fast as you can dish out that other crap

also, you claim that you will write in a blog "soon" about the new operations, but you doesnt tell

us when. likely not in august im sure, since you have been developing storymode stuff to

attract new players, in order ofcourse to get EVEN MORE MONEY.

i ask you finally:

DOES BIOWARE ONLY THINK OF MONEY BY MAKING THIS SWTOR GAME? or do they also think of

the actual hardcore players that plays the game

I'm with you here.

Content and general respect for the game and players within are being replaced with ease of play and integration and the sale of cartel coins.

I'm all for the game making money. it's a business.... but lets not forget who made this a success. those who came in and played it hard core or even part time because they had work or school between gaming. We've paid our subs, bought CCs and leveled multiple characters to 60 while actually LEARNING how to play the game adequately. This is why I long for the days of FFXI where you had to actually KNOW your characters ability sets (and in many cases that of others) to continue through the storylines and ops. this is why I didn't play some of the other games out there. They promote "He with the fattest wallet prevails" and damn the learning curve. I left STO because they up and sold off the rights to everyone with a credit card that which I selected on my pre-order items that were listed as "Unique" to the pre-order. (I might add that STO is also a Bioware driven game *Hint*)

I'll tell you right now, there are more people who feel this way and if it becomes overcrowded with high level characters who can't handle their part of group missions and cry and moan all the time because they bought their skills.... then we're out.

Edited by Baracudda
Adding a bit of info

They already confirmed you'll be able to buy lvl 60 boosts with Cartel Coins, lololol

Also, how is it pay to win? It's really "pay to skip the content you've already played 500 times." That's not "win." It would be pay to win if you skipped to 60 and came decked out in ranked PVP gear. Anything else is just disingenuous on your part. Please hush now.

remember level 60 won't be the level cap level 65 will be. so they're not selling max leveled character. they're ratehr essentially allowing people to pay to access the new content immediatly on anew character. WoW is already doing this and the game hasn't ended.

It takes less than a week to level a character to 60 with 12x XP and this won't be the last 12x event. I wouldn't say it's Pay to win besides I guarantee most people will use their already established main character.

The way I see it, KOTFE is pretty much a new game like in Mass effect 3 you can transfer your existing character from the last game or you can start new and customize the background. I much prefer taking an older character instead.