Droid (custom) legacy gear.

JMNeves

We now have Yavin Legacy gear, which is 192 rating, for companions and that's great. But some of us enjoy gearing their companions and that is one valid aspect of the game. Geared companions contribute to faster questing, easier grind, more overall fun and less frustration. Some people (like me) enjoy it, and some don't, but it it still something that exists. The Yavin companion legacy gear is good but reeeeeally far from optimal. And it's fairly easy to give your companion a nice set of 192 or even 198 gear from the vendor, and leftover drops from operations, and even if you use the so called B-Mods (higher endurance and lower stats) they can reach the appropriate levels of accuracy, crit, surge, and alacrity. My point is: for humanoid companions it is easy and cheap to get a set of random legacy gear and use your leftover mods to get better stats than the Yavin 192 gear.

Now droid companions are a pain in the Sarlacc Pit. Not only there is absolutely no custom legacy gear for companions, but also the custom gear we have available is armor locked.

• The problem: There is no way to have legacy bound custom gear for droid companions.

• The complication: Droid gear is armor bound, meaning vendor gear (purchasable with commendation) are not usable for droids at all.

• The desire: We need a set of legacy droid gear that isn't armor bound, so we can get vendor armorings/ mods/ enhancements and put them into said droid parts.

• The addition: There could be a mini story line for these droid parts, and even an extra set of dailies.

Finally here is my idea:

We have a very good opportunity, which is Yavin in our hands, and HK-47 even appears during the Revan encounter on TOS. Why not have a funny mini story line, with a Jawa and his Ewok girlfriend on vacation on Yavin? The Jawa lost his wedding ring, and you need to find it for him. In exchange for it, he will give you tokens that can be traded in for legacy bound and armor restriction free HK-47 droid parts (that could be used with any droid companion).

The mini story line would be composed of five quests, each one rewarding a "Jawa gratitude of gratitude" or something similar, and those tokens would then be a currency the player could use to buy from the Ewok (the girlfriend) vendor droid related things, like different HK-47 themed customization for all droid companions (like same color scheme and such), the droid parts, maybe a speeder, some HK-47 decoration like a poster of HK's face saying "Hunter Killer" or a statue of him.

There could even be a new reputation system, like "Ewoks of Yavin 4", which would make total sense looking at The Return of the Jedi (movie), since they (the ewoks) seem to actually have some kind of reputation system that is developed during the movie. Fans would love such thing in the game.

I think something like this would be a GREAT addition to the game. Players would be happy being able to much more easily gear their droid companions (specially HK and Scorpio, they're so cool and underused), there would be an additional set of five dailies to be done on Yavin, increasing the planet's usage that much more. In addition to that, it would be very easy to create new dialogues because Jawas and Ewoks don't really need new voice actors, you could even use lines that are already in the game with a higher o lower pitch and absolutely nobody would notice. And finally it would extend the replay factor of Yavin as a planet.

This Jawa and Ewok couple could even appear later on other planets (Alderaan honey moon, Tatooine beach house, etc) and it would be a new way of adding dailies to older planets, giving extra incentive for everybody to go back and visit those beautiful places again. Then each planet would have a different set of items from the vendor, just to spice it up a bit, instead of having the same droid parts over and over on every planet.

Edited by JMNeves
Clarification of content.

(bows to this great suggestion)

The only cool droid I can remember offhand is HK-51, but yeah.

Brobot (T7-01) and Propaganda bot (m1-4x) are totally awesome! And while I am not a fan of Scorpio, male players appear to like her better.

Brobot (T7-01) and Propaganda bot (m1-4x) are totally awesome! And while I am not a fan of Scorpio, male players appear to like her better.

Oh I absolutely love T7 and 4X, but my problem with them is that they're tanks. Ranged tanks even. While melee tank companions already have their usability questioned, ranged just makes them even less useful. Still, 4X is so awesome! I enjoy rocking with him while crushing the imp scum for the republic, I just wish he would be a bit more useful.