Darth Vader and Darth Tyranus vs Darth Nox and Emperor's Wrath

wrathofabeloth

And while people may still try and buy into Sidious being the "most powerful sith", it's irrelevant. He never reached that status until more than 10yrs after his original death.

Isn't it confirmed in the ROTS novelization that Sidious is the strongest Sith in history, meaning by ROTS he is the strongest Sith to exist?

EDIT: Never mind, just checked now and I can't find it but aren't his feats enough?

Edited by PadsterPwns

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it confirmed in the ROTS novelization that Sidious is the strongest Sith in history, meaning by ROTS he is the strongest Sith to exist?

EDIT: Never mind, just checked now and I can't find it but aren't his feats enough?

He is confirmed as the strongest in ROTS, yes.

Well list them to see if its true.

Should be, also that GL already stated that he was the most powerful. Are these statements meant to consider the EU or what is now considered LEGENDS? I don't know, I'd say no, according to Lucas and the writers, the Old Republic era doesn't exist and video games are not a medium on par with video games and shouldn't really be considered.

If we're basing ourselves in Legends continuity and we agree that both Vitiate and Sidious existed, how can we determine who is the most powerful?

Edited by ChazDoit

I think this is more of a fault of writers establishing something like RoT and then other writers not sticking to it, because it will bring a bigger viewership to many Sith villains for the Jedi to fight against, Maul, Ventress, Opress, The Inquisitor from Rebels, etc.

Yes, but those favoring movie characters discount the powers that we learn in the game, even when we agree we're basing ourselves in Legends continuity.

Game mechanics are not canon in the legends continuity or the official canon continuity. They never have been, they never will be. The characters abilities come from cutscenes and sourcebooks only.

Game mechanics are not canon in the legends continuity or the official canon continuity. They never have been, they never will be. The characters abilities come from cutscenes and sourcebooks only.

So basically, the way to go about it is, we take away 90% of their powers and accolades and then compare them movie characters, pretty fair, right?

This is a video game, combat is left almost exclusively shown through gameplay and cutscenes are almost always about dialogue and player choice. And there won't be any novelizations about Wrath and Nox* because the characters are what the players want them to be.

*Not anywhere in the near future and while swtor is still up and running

Edited by ChazDoit

So basically, the way to go about it is, we take away 90% of their powers and accolades and then compare them movie characters, pretty fair, right?

This is a video game, combat is left almost exclusively shown through gameplay and cutscenes are almost always about dialogue and player choice. And there won't be any novelizations about Wrath and Nox* because the characters are what the players want them to be.

*Not anywhere in the near future and while swtor is still up and running

Yep, that's exactly how we do it. Sorry that the canon way (Confirmed by Leland Che, the man who's actually in charge of that) doesn't hype your favourite characters as much as humanly possible.

Yep, that's exactly how we do it. Sorry that the canon way (Confirmed by Leland Che, the man who's actually in charge of that) doesn't hype your favourite characters as much as humanly possible.

No, it hypes yours. pretty convenient.

If you're strip away everything that the characters are, they're not even the same characters anymore, you're comparing Movie characters to essentially thin air.

Edited by ChazDoit

No, it hypes yours. pretty convenient.

Lol, my favorite characters are (in no particular order):

• Meetra Surik
  • Shaak Ti
  • Revan
  • Darth Traya
  • Jaina Solo
  • Aurra Sing

None of which are "movie era characters with massive exposure". Shaak Ti's the closest and even then, no.

Sorry that I actually abide by the correct standards of debating Star Wars characters, and try not to debate for my favourites but debate for who would win. How incredibly biased of me.

Anyway:

"Anything that doesn't contradict or exist purely for gameplay is C-canon."

Leland Chee, keeper of the Holocron

Game abilities are not canon. Sorry bud.

Edited by Selenial

I just google him and that there is no Leland Che stop with the ********.

Edited by adormitul

If you're strip away everything that the characters are, they're not even the same characters anymore, you're comparing Movie characters to essentially thin air.

So horrendously incorrect that I'm genuinely laughing.

No worries though, I'm still writing up that comparison post so I guess I'll show you how fleshed out Nox and Wrath are even without saying "he learns phase walk at level 51".

And his way to compare Video Game characters to movie characters? where's the source of that, since you want everyone to debate by those rules, might as well share them.

Dude he said gameplay is cannon why do you try to argue his logic?

And his way to compare Video Game characters to movie characters? where's the source of that, since you want everyone to debate by those rules, might as well share them.

You need to educated yourself on the old canon tier system, it's the best way of figuring this out.

Either way, you can wait for my post at this stage, I can't be bothered to reply to this idiocy when you're about to pretend you forgot about this thread anyway.