Sage Healing help... am i doing it wrong?

DarthLeland

Need some help...

often times in flashpoints or heroic 4 quests i find myself running out of force rather quickly.

it seems the 2 healing spells you get dont really heal for crap and cost too much force to cast in the first place... im a level 24 and so far im really only using deliverance because benevolence heals for next to nothing.

any tips?

Put 5 points in telekinesis tree (gives 100 more force (2 points) and decrease force cost by 9% (3 points)). Other than that use noble sacrifice (when you get it) whenever you lose the debuff... it gives back a fair bit of force. Other than that... it gets easier as you get more into the seerer tree :)

Heres a few tip you might find helpful;

1: Take 2 points in Telekenesis tree for an extra 100 foce

2: Once you get deliverance (large slow efficient heal) dont use benevolence (fast medium ineffiecnt heal) unless you really need to.

3: force lift a mob yourself or get someone else to do some cc, a cc'd mob does 0 damage

4: Always keep your force armor (shield) on the tank, only use it on other players/yourself if there is spike damage

5: Get rejuvinate and conveyance asap, once you have these two abilities sage healing really comes into its own. Use rejuvinate every cd, it gives you a buff (conveyance) that allows your Benevolence to become your go to heal again by halfing its force cost. Now only use deliverance when really needed. Conveyance also takes 1sec of Deliverances cast time

6:Meditate between pulls

7: Unlike other mmo i've played you can leave players in an injured state for entire packs. Keep your tank topped up, the dps/yourself dont need to be at 100% all the time

8: Finally, use Noble sacrifice before you really "need to" dont only use it when you are out of force or really low. I usually use it at 75% force then pop a rejuv on myself, then again at 50%, and again 25%.

You get some nicer abilities later to help more but thats enough to get you to 30-35 comfortably. Hope this helped :)

Edited by Arconee

Use the instant first, with the special, always lead with that. The special it gives, is downright vital to sage healing, because of the fact, even with the worst case scenario, using that and your strong heal with conveyance, is the same as casting that without because of the global cool down.

As mentioned before, Force Armor the tank, hands down, this is your best preventive healing ability, and its instant with very little aggro for using it over a heal. When you can, also, grab the force cost reduction of it, and find its pretty much a self paying investment force wise.

Keep your interrupt near the 1-4 keys, this is a big one, sadly others should be aware of too. But, the ones that always leave you depleted are the channels and the charges. Hands down, this is where you pay for it force wise. Everyone needs to keep that interrupt handy. Also, if your interrupt is down, im not sure about your level, but you have a 20s knockback, use it if you need a breather from attacks against you, or to simply interrupt, as they count as moving for it. This is also, why bosses are a pita, they cant be knocked back, and cant be stunned/dazed.

If your going all the way down the sage route, when you pick up the channel, early on, its nice, but not as good generally as your strong heal, its a panic heal, or to use to regain force. (You will likely be in the upper 30's or low 40's by that point)

And in the end, sometimes, it may not be you, but the folks your with. But stick with it, and best of luck in athiss station, bioware needs a fix for that place bad.

I'm not sure if I understood the last poster correctly, but I disagree about the channeled heal.

This is from memory, but at level 34 (my level atm), deliverance costs 55 force and heals around 1200.

The channeled heal, healing trance, costs 35 force and heals a little bit more than deliverance.

The math says that you should always use healing trance when possible in order to conserve your force. I use deliverance when I need a fast spike heal (used immediately after casting rejuvenate, usually, to reduce the casting time).

The only other time I resort to deliverance is in two instances: (1) the **** is hitting the fan, and someone needs healing fast, and (2) someone really needs healing, and healing trance is still on cooldown.

I've healed some very tough fights without resorting to deliverance very much, and my force was up enough that I rarely had to use sacrifice.

Another advantage to using healing trance is a skill that you will eventually get (should get, imo) that allows you to use sacrifice with no penalties (i.e., no health loss) every time healing trance deals a crit.

Healing trance is by no means an "oh ****" spell. It's a staple of the sage healing abilities.

Additional note: original poster is level 24 and may not have rejuvenate. Rejuvnate and its related skills (conveyance) make things a lot easier, and this is before you even get healing trance.

Also, I would NOT recommend putting any points into the other trees just to get more force or reduce force costs, because you're gimping yourself in terms of getting the advanced seer abilities.

I have solely climbed up the seer tree, and while I plan to put a few points into the useful abilities in the other trees (additional force, reduced cost of healing, and added willpower), those are going last for me. I'd rather get the higher level healing skills (resplendence and clarivoyance at a minimum) before dumping points into an extra 50 or 100 force. It's possible to manage your supply of force (especially with some of the upper level seer skills) without having to put off levels getting those higher level seer skills.

I believe by level 41 (might be off the mark here, haven't used the calculator in a while) I will have all the abilties I want in the seer tree and can start playing with the other skills in the other two trees.

That's my opinion. Other may disagree that the extra force is worthwhile, but I'm not having a problem healing heroics at this point without it. And I'll get to add those points in a few levels when I'm done with the seer tree.

Edit: at level 34, healing trance is healing about 1600 hp, not including crits. Just another reason to use it over deliverance whenever possible.

Edited by Oterlee