Which tank do you prefer to heal in PVP and PVE?

knell

If you had the choice to group with a skilled tank, from a healing and peels perspective which do you prefer? Which do you feel is less spiky in PVE and which is more beneficial to keeping you alive in PVP. Maybe it doesn't matter?

Thoughts?

I do not PVE, at all, ever minus dailies occasionally so cannot comment. PVP, jugg definately. The 30% damage reduction on me with talent whenever they intercede in addition to their two taunts is priceless. Combined with their awesome DCDs and cc they are a wonderful control class. A well played jugg can keep a healer and thus themselves up forever against multiple opponents unless they are very high burst classes who time both CC and their burst perfectly which rules out 90% of the PVP population.

If you had the choice to group with a skilled tank, from a healing and peels perspective which do you prefer? Which do you feel is less spiky in PVE and which is more beneficial to keeping you alive in PVP. Maybe it doesn't matter?

Thoughts?

For PVP, if I had my choice of guards from a very skilled tank, I'd go for jug. If they are not that skilled, I'd rather have a PT. Assassin is fine, especially with the rooting knockback now, but PT will be easier for them to play.

In PvE I prefer teaming with Assassin or Powertech tanks just because they seem to have an easier time holding agro on groups. 9 out of 10 Jugs I group with are tunnel vision tanks, so I always view a Jug with suspicion at first.

However, in PvP it's the opposite. My best experiences healing in PvP have been with good Powertech or Jug tanks - ones who use all their tools efficiently. I especially love seeing a Jug use Intercede to help me out.