Performance back to pre-3.0 levels

Laurreth

Since the 3.0 update or so, performance (in PvP) had been better; not exactly good, but better. Had been. :mad:

Last night after the 3.2.1 update, things felt markedly worse again. Warzones were nigh unplayable with huge skill delays and "long-term queueing", especially during the first minute or two in each warzone. Playing a Vanguard, I could use Storm, hit a couple attack skills with roughly the right timing, and then the game would play them with around 5 seconds delay (judging from the flytext, it wasn't like the client was actually playing animations…). Frame rate also felt worse again, especially Voidstar and Quesh Huttball act like really bad stop motion movies, and with the engine still having no clue about multi-level environments, the latter is an exercise in guessing where people will pop out of lag stutter; that needs to get better, not worse, because some group constellations can literally carry the ball from the spawn point all the way to the goal without the ball carrier being targetable.

In case it's server related (again), this was on Jar'Kai Sword between roughly 19:00 and 21:00 UTC on 2015-05-28.

Sometimes, this happens when you have too many transparent elements in your interface. Next time you get FPS issues, try changing your interface to one of the default interfaces like Extended Quickbars. If the FPS improves, recreate your interface based on that and choose less transparency.

Not sure about the lag, it could be related to the login issues on JKS yesterday or a problem with your Internet connection.

Sometimes, this happens when you have too many transparent elements in your interface. Next time you get FPS issues, try changing your interface to one of the default interfaces like Extended Quickbars. If the FPS improves, recreate your interface based on that and choose less transparency.

My UI doesn't use much in terms of non-opaque elements, the only thing I can think of is the maximally translucent cartel market button. That Should™ not matter much anyway, but maybe they brought back some of the old UI issues that caused slowdowns?

Not sure about the lag, it could be related to the login issues on JKS yesterday or a problem with your Internet connection.

I've had ISP-related issues in the past, but the latency meter behaved yesterday, which it didn't during those times.

Last night it felt better; not quite as well as before, but also not as catastrophically horrible as Wednesday night. On Wed night we were also playing against the same groups most of the time, and I have a suspicion that there's some group constellations that cause performance to drop extremely, be it due to natural occurrence of skills or by exploitative use of some "features".

I got the same impressions from a guildmate who is with another ISP and who is usually not affected by issues with mine (different peering/routing).

Well, I have been experiencing serious lag spikes since wednesday on Begeren Colony and now on Ebon Hawk. At first I thought it was a problem with my ISP, but all the other internet devices on the house are running smoothly.

This was not PvP, mind you, just regular pve gaming.