Which AC purely for story

MikeFL

Hey all, I just finished a playthrough as a Jedi Guardian, and I am starting a Sith Warrior from scratch. My previous Warrior that I played over a year ago was a Marauder. I enjoyed the class a lot back then, but I have heard it has been nerfed since. All I really plan on doing with this character is experiencing the 1-60 story, no endgame or PvP (I have other characters for that).

Which AC do you think fits the story best? My initial urge is to play as a Marauder to have some variety from the Guardian gameplay, but I did enjoy playing as a Guardian so I'm not opposed to playing Jugg, just thought a different playstyle would be nice. But which would you pick, and which fits with the story better?

You'll be just fine as a marauder if you have no interest in high level endgame content or pvp. However in cutscenes you will only take out one of your two lightsabers and use significantly more force power then you will in gameplay. If that will bother you then go Jugg.

You'll be just fine as a marauder if you have no interest in high level endgame content or pvp. However in cutscenes you will only take out one of your two lightsabers and use significantly more force power then you will in gameplay. If that will bother you then go Jugg.

Thanks for the reply. My main reason for initially picking Marauder was that I had just finished my Guardian playthrough and wanted to experience the other AC. I don't plan on doing high-level endgame or PvP, my main focus getting the best experience out of the story.

When I last played Marauder I remember it wasn't the studiest class, but the damage output was great and the self-heals were decent enough that I could generally finish a fight with a significant amount of health left. Now that the class has changed somewhat, Mara feels squishier and the mitigation abilities are on long cooldowns. Jugg feels studier and more "Vader-like" which is what the class was based on, but at the cost of less damage output.

I did enjoy my Guardian, so would you say its worth it to play Mara to get that extra difference in the gameplay, or would it just fit better to go with Jugg? I don't mind that in cutscenes he only uses one saber, I look at that like he is toying with his enemy.

Thanks for the reply. My main reason for initially picking Marauder was that I had just finished my Guardian playthrough and wanted to experience the other AC. I don't plan on doing high-level endgame or PvP, my main focus getting the best experience out of the story.

When I last played Marauder I remember it wasn't the studiest class, but the damage output was great and the self-heals were decent enough that I could generally finish a fight with a significant amount of health left. Now that the class has changed somewhat, Mara feels squishier and the mitigation abilities are on long cooldowns. Jugg feels studier and more "Vader-like" which is what the class was based on, but at the cost of less damage output.

I did enjoy my Guardian, so would you say its worth it to play Mara to get that extra difference in the gameplay, or would it just fit better to go with Jugg? I don't mind that in cutscenes he only uses one saber, I look at that like he is toying with his enemy.

I did what you did in reverse, playing a Juggernaut first because it felt like the 'Vader-like' vibe was a better fit for the story going in, and then (after going back and forth over it in my head a lot for the same reason as you) switching up to play a Sentinel next.

I think Jugg fits the Warrior story a little bit better, but playing a Mara wouldn't feel wrong or off for the story at all. For me, personally, the variety that using a different AC definitely helped me enjoy the new character more than I would have if they were the same AC - but that's the sort of thing that will vary from player to player.

If you do go Jugg after having run a Guardian, I would suggest at least choosing a different Discipline spec than you used on your Guardian. One of their design goals with the whole "Disciplines" system in place of the Skill Trees was giving each spec its own unique feel earlier on, instead of only at higher levels. I haven't replayed any characters yet, so I can't speak from experience on if they succeeded on that front, but I know it was something they talked about.

Edited by DarthDymond