Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Warzone Idea! Pirate Battles!

TitusOfTides

This is straight up my post copy/pasted from another thread. The idea seems so good (it's mine, after all :p) that I can't help but post a new thread focusing solely on the idea (because I HIGHLY doubt devs/mods read a single thread more than once):

How about a warzone with a PvE element as well?

Two teams fight to rack up NPC as well as player kills, perhaps with some side objective on top of it to add some complexity? Nothing specific comes to mind, but that's not my job.

Oh nvm - loot! Get the loot for you/your team! Free for all it even, screw teams! PvE players get unique loot to do whatever they do with it, and PvP players also get what they want. Maybe you would have to capture chests or something. This also gives solo players a unique experience. If it's on Rishi it'd be even cooler! You could call it pirate battles or something like that and you know everyone'd eat it right up! Free for all or group up with other "pirates" and split the booty!

(Pay me now please)

Edited by TitusOfTides

Was thinking a bit more on this, and it brings to mind the Kunoichi boxes from MxO if anyone knows/remember those.

There was an instanced FFA PvP area, and you would find a spot in the zone to deploy your "Kunoichi box." You could team up with other players, but anyone outside of your group was marked as hostile - even members of the same faction. After dropping the box, waves of Kunoichi would come out and drop pieces of loot that could be exchanged for specific loot from an NPC in the regular world. The loot differed from cosmetic items to PvE/PvP gear. Anyways, getting back on point, other players could come up and attack you and/or the kunoichi from your box. At the end there would be valuable loot from the box after all kunoichi were destroyed.

I honestly could see a concept like this working very well in SWTOR. Make the zone instanced on somewhere like Rishi or Ziost and put the appropriate spin on it.

This would appeal to both PvE players and PvP players, and encourage the two to play with each other. Put the right context around it (Pirate stuff for Rishi, Emperor stuff for Ziost - if you will forgive my gross oversimplifications) and you could also get an RP interest in it as well. If cross faction grouping/chat were somehow enabled in the zone (if its not hard to incorporate) it would be even better.

Edited by TitusOfTides

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.