Reorganising data?

SuperNobbs

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but. In the past my SWTOR would "Reorganise data" every single time I started the game. And it would take literally hours. So I uninstalled the game a few weeks ago, reinstalled it, and it worked fine up to now. Not a single hiccup. I resubbed, got the Revan Xpack, it was good to be back.

This morning it starts with the "Reorganising data" thing again. Its faster than before, but I'm still not seeing what the issue was when I was playing the game a few hours prior. Anyone else had this issue?

You are using the new launcher ("BitRaider") which sometimes is doing the "Reorganising data" step, then it can take a while to patch if you have a slow disk.

I recommend turning off BitRaider so that you will never have these kind of problems again. You will have to redownload the whole game once (20 GB) but afterwards you'll never have any more "Reorganizing data" until you reinstall the game or move to a new computer.

Here's how to turn BitRaider off: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=674711

Edited by Jerba