The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please Make Some CM Sabers and Other Weapons Smaller, Alongside the Large Ones

My general impression is CM weapons are large because, for some reason, they must sell better.

But for the sake of the aesthetics of the game, can we get some saber hilts and weapons that are of a more reasonable size, such as those in the launch game?

Many of the best lightsabers are still those models that were in the original release. This is not due strictly to design, because there are some really nice hilts that have been released in packs. They are, almost entirely, very large, though, unrealistically so.

The same goes for blaster pistols and rifles.

Lately, we've seen some assault cannons that are smaller in size - this is great, especially if you have a female trooper, or simply don't want a cannon that is half your body size.

In the same way, can we see some sabers and other weapons that are also scaled down?

In the case of double-lightsabers, would it be too much work to code some new ones that sit on the hip like the launch ones do, not hanging down past the knees? I still don't understand why this change was made to the game. But, if some folks like those hilts, it would be nice for others to have some options that are the "normal" size.

Edited by arunav

I'm just going to quote myself here, because yes. I want this too.

I'd love to have a couple new doublesabers that attach farther up the hip like the old cartel shipment 1 and 2 doublesabers do. I don't like the attaching lower on the hip design that all the new double sabers use. On a female toon with a curved hip, it makes them stick out to the side, way past the knee, like a five year old with a broom stick tied at their waist that sticks out and knocks into things every time they move.

Having one or two new options that use the old attach point would be *really* nice, some great looking doublesabers have come out since then, but I just can't get into the "inexplicable walking cane sized stick swinging out from my hip" look.

My favorite saber in the game drops from a Belsavis H4 - it's essentially Master Orgus's lightsaber with a rename, and it's perfect. It's exactly the size it should be, with great detailing, and I didn't have to spend anything to get it.

My personal favorite models are available on the Pub side from the the two FPs that end with Maelstrom Prison. After turning in the quest, there's an option to choose between the two.

Revan uses one of the models in SoR, it being left with his mask in the cutscene that ends the solo version of the fight.

The other model is also available from the Balmorra equipment vendor - I think it's called Force Champion's Lightsaber.

The sounds on both resemble what is heard in the films really closely as well, at least to my ears.

Some of the CM sabers sound really out there, but it adds variety to the game. I'm not knocking people that like the CM stuff, I'd just like to see some sabers and weapon sizes that more closely resemble the launch ones.

Another example: the Starforged blaster pistols looked fantastic in design, but were absolutely gigantic for a pistol.

If we could get a "normal" size of a weapon every now and again, that would be enough for me. I get BW/EA isn't going to change up what sells on the CM drastically. On the other hand, they could change it up and see if folks equip the smaller ones just as often. If I recall, the first shipment of weapons were not huge, and those packs still sold really well, perhaps the second one as well.

Edited by arunav

I happen to love the star forged pistols, they look like the original robocop gun, big, bad *** and deadly. Also love my descendents sabers though I agree they and most of the newer sabers are quite large and would have preferred a slimmer design.

Lately, we've seen some assault cannons that are smaller in size - this is great, especially if you have a female trooper, or simply don't want a cannon that is half your body size.

Assault cannons are supposed to be honking big guns in the BFG class, and you want smaller ones? How does that work?

I actually prefer the large pistols. I use a male type 3 BH in bulky mando gear. Almost all of the launch pistols look like tiny squirtguns in his hands, but the large ones from the CM fit so much better.

The lightsaber hilts are starting to look ridiculous though, even for a type 3 male Juggernaut.