The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I can't afford the expansion. What should I do?

bluebody

Hi Everyone,

I'm at level 55 and I can't afford the expansion at present. I am, however, a subscriber. I resubscribed recently, thinking that I could level to 60 by doing so. It was only a day after resubscribing that I learned that the expansion was required to level to 60. I am working on getting the 20 bucks for the expansion. Until I get the expansion, is it wise to do flashpoints, operations, and other game content even though I will not be receiving any xp? Will I hinder myself in any way by doing so? Any advice in regard to this is greatly appreciated. Thank you,

Eyeknow:)

Honestly I would say dont do story quests, but ya go ahead and do lvl 55 SM (and maybe HM) Ops as well as Flash Points, it can be used to gear you up to make the story quests a little easier from 55 to 60. Further you can even do some pvp if you wish and hold on to PvP comms for when you hit 60..... Same can be said for the Basic, Elite and Ultimate comms you get from doing the FP and Ops.... so ya there is plenty to do that wont hurt you. If you enjoy the game... play the game :D

55 SM (and maybe HM) Ops as well as Flash Points, it can be used to gear you up to make the story quests a little easier from 55 to 60. PvP comms for when you hit 60..... Basic, Elite and Ultimate comms you get from doing the FP and Ops....

Not a bad idea at all. And if you haven't done the storyline up to finishing Rakata Prime you could do it now - it's some lost XP but you should still be 59 after Rishi and Yavin. A flashpoint or two will round it up to 60.

• 2 weeks later...