mercenary healing help

so i played during the rise of the hutt cartel quite a bit. i beat the storyline and was 49 when i quit. i used to be able to use rapid shots to heal teammates and i found that to be very useful but now i cant. is that part of an update or did they just add a seperate ability to replace it. the lack of heat generation and speed that i was able to just right click and heal teammates while running was a huge part of my game so id very much like to know what happened.

They split the ability into two: rapid shot that is the damage ability and kolto shot that is the healing ability. The functionality is basicly the same only difference is that you have two abilities on your hotbar instead of one.

The animation is rather boring compare to the old one! And the heal now comes in one tick instead of three, so less proc from that one.

so i played during the rise of the hutt cartel quite a bit. i beat the storyline and was 49 when i quit. i used to be able to use rapid shots to heal teammates and i found that to be very useful but now i cant. is that part of an update or did they just add a seperate ability to replace it. the lack of heat generation and speed that i was able to just right click and heal teammates while running was a huge part of my game so id very much like to know what happened.

You still have the instant no-heat accruing ability it was just separated from the no-heat "shooting" dps ability. Also, healing mercs are great concerning on-the-run healing now. That part has improved. What has not been improved is the lack of any type of anti-focus ability like the other healers have. Once you are focused, you cannot escape and especially in 4v4s, you die very quickly.