Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Crossguard Saber!

TitusOfTides

I'd be real interested in the full essay, if it's not too much trouble. The dark saber doesn't seem too crazy (just researched it (not a big fan of clone wars)) and some of the black crystals we have now are kind of similar in aesthetics.

I remember reading about the saber whip a long time ago with the Sith Lady or w/e, and admittedly I'm not a fan of it. It also would be a lot more difficult to implement compared to a crossguard saber, I would imagine. I guess they're both canon, with the differences being: the crossguard is going to get some actual movie screen time, and it would be much easier to put in the game compared to coding an entirely new weapon.

With that in mind, it seems there would have to almost be an active effort NOT to put it in the game. I mean, it's 100% legit STAR WARS canon whether we like it or not (which I do!).

I'm not going to go into the long essay, primarily because I just woke up, and need a shower, and also because I don't want to look up everything and link it. Essay's take a bit of background research, and even though I did that in the past, I'm a bit tired.

So the short simple.

Dark saber as seen it the TV show, is not the same as our black core light saber crystals. The black core light effect works in physics ie infrared and ultra violet which are both colors of light can be used in light sabers, which would case a black effect, the radiant glow is in the visible light spectrum. However this is not what the dark saber does.

The dark saber is light powered by the darkside of the force, and can slice though a light saber, it also has a curved blade shape.

1: Dark Saber isn't made from light - no radiant glow, doesn't form a straight line.

2. The Dark Saber brakes physics in bad ways, you can not 'cut' a light saber. If the sword just passed through a lightsaber fine, but that's not what they show... It causes the light to fail, in a way that defies physics. The shape of the blade and the patterns on it also brake physics. http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111102223010/starwars/images/b/b3/DarksaberRender.jpg

So on the Darksaber, by calling it a lightsaber, and it's functionality completly bypass suspension of belief in ugly ways.

As for the whip, besides the high amount of danger to the user, it completely misses the main uses of a whip, and falls in to a category of actually a useless weapon. Basically a whip is good at motivating slaves bad as a weapon of war.

I'm not going to go into the long essay, primarily because I just woke up, and need a shower, and also because I don't want to look up everything and link it. Essay's take a bit of background research, and even though I did that in the past, I'm a bit tired.

So the short simple.

Dark saber as seen it the TV show, is not the same as our black core light saber crystals. The black core light effect works in physics ie infrared and ultra violet which are both colors of light can be used in light sabers, which would case a black effect, the radiant glow is in the visible light spectrum. However this is not what the dark saber does.

The dark saber is light powered by the darkside of the force, and can slice though a light saber, it also has a curved blade shape.

1: Dark Saber isn't made from light - no radiant glow, doesn't form a straight line.

2. The Dark Saber brakes physics in bad ways, you can not 'cut' a light saber. If the sword just passed through a lightsaber fine, but that's not what they show... It causes the light to fail, in a way that defies physics. The shape of the blade and the patterns on it also brake physics. http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111102223010/starwars/images/b/b3/DarksaberRender.jpg

So on the Darksaber, by calling it a lightsaber, and it's functionality completly bypass suspension of belief in ugly ways.

As for the whip, besides the high amount of danger to the user, it completely misses the main uses of a whip, and falls in to a category of actually a useless weapon. Basically a whip is good at motivating slaves bad as a weapon of war.

I never got around to thanking you for your reply.

These all seem to make the crossguard saber seem like a better idea to me.

I hope not, because the cross-guard lightsaber does not make sense, even within the laws of the SW universe.

Skall is good but Thrand did 4 vids proving how practical the cross guard saber actually is.

Argue whether it's practical or not, either way it doesn't matter - it's STAR WARS!

The saber is canon, and has no reason NOT to be in the game. There are plenty of one-of-a-kind items, non-canon items, and items I don't like... and they're all in the game!

Times are changing! Do I also have to tell you Greedo shot first? No. Suck it up and play your Star Wars video game like a man1!

1: This game lacks gender appropriate titles

• 7 months later...
Argue whether it's practical or not, either way it doesn't matter - it's STAR WARS!

The saber is canon, and has no reason NOT to be in the game. There are plenty of one-of-a-kind items, non-canon items, and items I don't like... and they're all in the game!

Times are changing! Do I also have to tell you Greedo shot first? No. Suck it up and play your Star Wars video game like a man1!

Yes, Greedo shot first, from 3 feet away and missed by 3 feet to Han's right.

Totally Agree, people are nit picking the lore. This is a game and should be made as fun as possible.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.