"Breaking the Rift" channel gets auto-interrupted (Colossal Monolith HM raid boss)

Jerba

I'd like to report a possible bug in the Colossal Monolith encounter, the new raid boss on Ziost.

As part of the boss mechanic, four differently colored ancient energies are spawning. Shortly later, the boss walks to a rift, starts channeling "Breaking the Rift" and players can interrupt the channel by taking the ancient energies into the rift.

According to Dulfy's guide, there is an ability called "Destruction of All" which he is supposed to use when he finishes casting the channel to punish the group for not following the mechanic. However, it seems like the boss will always interrupt the channel ~5 seconds before the end even if no one has taken an ancient energy into the rift.

Please ensure that the boss will always finish casting his channel to prevent players from skipping boss mechanics and getting a 204 mainhand too easily.

Edited by Jerba

Please ensure that the boss will always finish casting his channel to prevent players from skipping boss mechanics and getting a 204 mainhand too easily.

Only if all those people who skipped that mechanic to beat the boss get all their items from this boss removed.

Plenty of raiding guilds have already farmed this boss with dozens of toons using this strat.

The harm is already done.

Edited by Sindariel

Only if all those people who skipped that mechanic to beat the boss get all their items from this boss removed.

Plenty of raiding guilds have already farmed this boss with dozens of toons using this strat.

The harm is already done.

I guess so, they won't take away the mainhands and you can't really call it an exploit. I just want to let the devs know this bug exists in case they didn't hear about it yet.

I always feel sad when I see a boss mechanic that is ignored. In my raid group, I always try to follow boss mechanics because by cheesing through the fight, you just take the easy way out.

Like the orbs you can pick up in TFB NiM to increase your DPS, the three positions in the Fabricator fight where everyone leaves the boss on the right spot, the Eyeless where you can just kite the boss without taking any damage and so on. There are tons of mechanics in SWTOR that took a lot of work to develop but because of a bug or not enough punishing damage if you ignore the mechanics, they are just wasted. :(

Edited by Jerba

Appears to be fixed according to 3.2b patch notes. :)

The Colossal Monolith’s “Breaking the Rift” Ability now properly channels for its entire duration.
Edited by Jerba

5 Seconds shaved off the cast isn't gonna stop us from skipping the mechanics. Decent healers will still heal through it. Joke of a fight for the loot that it gives. Not to say I'm not happy with my mainhand, but it's a joke.

5 Seconds shaved off the cast isn't gonna stop us from skipping the mechanics. Decent healers will still heal through it. Joke of a fight for the loot that it gives. Not to say I'm not happy with my mainhand, but it's a joke.

Apparently, there is going to be an additional mechanic when he finishes casting that will wipe the raid, but no one has seen it yet because of the bug. I don't think it will be as easy as healing an additional 5-6 seconds. ;)

Apparently, there is going to be an additional mechanic when he finishes casting that will wipe the raid, but no one has seen it yet because of the bug. I don't think it will be as easy as healing an additional 5-6 seconds. ;)

Here's hoping.

It has been reported in the PvE forums already but for completeness' sake I'll mention it here as well:

In 16-man HM, the "Destruction of All" attack deals around 20k DTPS on a tank which can still be healed by 4+ healers and is not enough to wipe a raid, meaning players can still skip the colors. There are also groups who are able to heal away the attack on 8-man HM with 2-3 healers.

In fact, because the boss does nothing but attack the tank for 40 seconds, the fight is easier because during that time he does no other attacks, and after the 40 seconds, he only has time for a Siphon Energy, a Lingering Destruction and a Curse before he breaks the next first, meaning you no longer get any Terrible Shout cleaves.

Please investigate if the boss is working as correctly in the current form.

Edited by Jerba