"Network Outage" achievement not recognizing kills

CloudCastle

I killed one of the named droids with my main, unlocked the achievement, and then killed two other named droids with my alt. My achievement list only shows credit for the first kill however, giving me credit for 1 out of 4, instead of 3 out of 4. I'm assuming this achievement should be legacy-wide, like other achievements? I don't know yet if killing the droids with the same character works, or if it only bugs if you are on an alt.

I can confirm this, sometimes the champion probes don't count for the achievements and you don't get loot.

From my experience, this always happened when I went into stealth between clicking on the object and the probe spawning. It has nothing to do with the self-destruct, that does not prevent you from getting the achievement.

Don't the droids all self destruct at the end of the fight as part of their programming anyway?

If you are fast enough or stun them at 10%, you can kill them without self-destructing but it is not easy to pull off.

Have killed the one near the steps to the speeder daily 3 times in a row. on the same non-stealthing main. The second and 3rd time I checked the name to be sure it was one I still needed. And, it was. But no dice on the credit.

In case it helps, whenever a probe does not count toward the achievement, it also does not drop any loot.

In addition, those probes can also be immediately gathered with the Scavenging crew skill which means there is no loot inside them. My first theory was that the probe was tagged to another player or NPC who then got the achievement and the loot granted but since there is no loot dropping for anyone, it must be something else.

Maybe there are two NPCs, one who counts for the achievement and has loot, and another NPC with the same and appearance but that is bugged?