[Bug] Death of a World ( daily ) Ziost , cannot scan in a group.

BadOrb

This mission simply cannot be done in a group. Once one member of the party ( I was in a two person party ) scans one object then the other person/s in the party cannot scan the same one , even their three quarter circles symbol on the map vanishes. It didn't help matters that my group member is partially sighted either. Having to re-ask if it was glowing for like 25 mins wasn't fun.

The only work around I could muster up was to reset the mission and then leave party every time we had to scan one of the five objects. It isn't an isolated issue either quote from dulfy's site's comments section and link below.

"I was running these with a Guildie and we ran into an issue with "Death of a World". Whenever one of us would scan one of the locations, the location indicator would disappear from the map but only the person who scanned it got credit. Furthermore it would never respawn. We tried switching instances to no avail.

Our only workaround was to reset, have one of us finish, turn it in and then have the other reset. Next time we'll simply have to complete it individually prior to grouping.

Has anyone else run into this issue? If so what was your solution?" quote from Damagecrab

http://dulfy.net/2015/05/04/swtor-ziost-daily-missions-and-achievements-guide/

Anyway please fix this major issue , you could just make it a group mission within the data ( not on screen ) , if it's possible to do so in the open area of Ziost , so no bug testing would be required. So only one person needs to scan an object.

Just to note I'm really glad I wasn't in my normal party of 3 , omg the fireworks would have been visible from the fleet.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

I saw something similar - when we were doing the Monolith boss and I was in a operations group, I could not see any markings on the map but as soon as I left the group, they become visible.

I think it's just a display bug and you can still complete the quest but not sure.

I saw something similar - when we were doing the Monolith boss and I was in a operations group, I could not see any markings on the map but as soon as I left the group, they become visible.

I think it's just a display bug and you can still complete the quest but not sure.

I don't know about that mission , but in this missions case it isn't just a display bug. The objects don't glow to scan them and are unresponsive. Had to reset and leave party each and every time one of the five objects needed to be scanned. Then re-group until the next. Wasted quite a lot of time testing the bug out.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Ah right thank you for the replies. So we have at least 4 groups this is happening to BioWare can we get a we will take a look into this post please ?

Also I have a better solution for a fix , the similar scanning mission on Ziost earlier on works fine in a group ( the one were you scan turrets on buildings etc ). Just try that code instead. Or compare both ( painstaking I should imagine that way though ).

Cheers,

BadOrb.