The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Will there ever be a SWTOR movie?

Reeny

I suppose it COULD happen, as a "Legends" thing. This universe is not supposed to be cannon, but I don't know if that would stop them or not. I would like to see it though, the way they make the tech (especially the ships) look "older" in this game is very very good, imo.

I suppose it COULD happen, as a "Legends" thing. This universe is not supposed to be cannon, but I don't know if that would stop them or not. I would like to see it though, the way they make the tech (especially the ships) look "older" in this game is very very good, imo.

If it becomes a movie then it will not be branded as Legends anymore because it will become part of the canon as made by Disney.

• 2 weeks later...
No. There may however be movies set in the Republic era, though as canonically The Republic is only 1,000 years old, as stated on screen, (though retconned by authors and the community) it likely wont be as far back as this game.

I always assumed one of the main reasons this game takes place so far in the past is so that it runs into no continuity issues with the movies/shows. For all we know, by the time of movies they know about as much about TOR as we know about ancient egypt and greece, which is not much in the grand scheme of things.