Customer service via phone line shouldn't be a necessity

nafu

There are lots of platforms that a player can have customer service but there are no customer service at all out of phone line. All CS do via tickets are leading people to either Customer Service Forums where there are no representitives and/or their phone line. Do you know how many people live on the other side of the world that are playing this game (if they call you they will pay a fortune to their phone bills) or how many people can't call you for various reasons? So phone line should be an option instead of a necessity in my opinion.

There are lots of platforms that a player can have customer service but there are no customer service at all out of phone line. All CS do via tickets are leading people to either Customer Service Forums where there are no representitives and/or their phone line. Do you know how many people live on the other side of the world that are playing this game (if they call you they will pay a fortune to their phone bills) or how many people can't call you for various reasons? So phone line should be an option instead of a necessity in my opinion.

I disagree vehemently. One of the things that makes calling CS important, is that they can deal with account related issues and private matters with individuals. This is important because some issues are simply inappropriate to discuss in a public forum. Also you are wrong in saying people pay a fortune, considering the fact it is possible to call them using Skype or Viber. So yes it very much should remain a necessity and people who say they can't or won't call them are just being silly. Calling gets stuff done. Period.

I disagree vehemently. One of the things that makes calling CS important, is that they can deal with account related issues and private matters with individuals. This is important because some issues are simply inappropriate to discuss in a public forum. Also you are wrong in saying people pay a fortune, considering the fact it is possible to call them using Skype or Viber. So yes it very much should remain a necessity and people who say they can't or won't call them are just being silly. Calling gets stuff done. Period.

I disagree your opinion too. There is a ticket system here which should be perfectly safe to solve any problems but in tickets they lead people to phone line or forums with auto messages which is an insult to a customer who is seeking help from customer service in every possible way. Because there are noone who is representing Customer Service in Customer Service Forums which they lead in tickets either. So of course nothing can be solved there. Only players are trying to help players. So only option left is calling them. Then why bother opening those options? If they can't solve anything via one of those platforms then there is no meaning in both to be remain as a customer service option.

You know you are also being rude here by calling people silly because they can't call customer service! I tried to help a guy in Customer Service Forums, even argued a bit with him defending Customer Service he hated but in the end I agreed with him. Because he said "I am deaf and I can't call them" Now what? His problem will remain unsolved? He should find a person who is no deaf? He said he wrote his problem via ticket and customer service first lead him to forums, he came and asked in forums he couldn't find any customer service there either. Then he opened another ticket and they lead him to phone line. HE IS DEAF FOR GOD'S SAKE. What kind of a customer service can't serve anything in platforms they created at the first place? Your opinion is unfair for those kind of people too.

They created lots of options but they just can't use them efficiently. This is the only silly thing here. Also in all other MMOs phone is not a necessity at all either. For example in Wow (as it is compared with SWTOR a lot around by people). You don't have to call Blizzard to solve a simple stupid problem. Yes they have some auto messages too in their ticket system but %99 of the cases can be solved via it. If an issue is inappropriate to discuss in forums, they can be solved in tickets too but only phone line? This is plain ridicilous. Heads of Customer Service are burried in sand like an ostrich now. They are enjoying themselves at the moment but let me tell you a story. This game was the fastest growing MMO when it was released and then lost about 400k of subscribers in a month or so. One of the most important issues about losing that many players and hence implementing free to play not to lose the game was lack of an efficient customer services and today it is still an issue. If they won't find a way to increase their efficency in customer service they will lose more people in time and will be break the record of fastest shrinking MMO around . Visit Customer Service Forums and see it yourself how big deal this is. Especially count the messages who can't be solved there. I don't say phone line should be closed. I say it should be an option instead of a necessity...

Edited by nafu

I disagree your opinion too. There is a ticket system here which should be perfectly safe to solve any problems but in tickets they lead people to phone line or forums with auto messages which is an insult to a customer who is seeking help from customer service in every possible way. Because there are noone who is representing Customer Service in Customer Service Forums which they lead in tickets either. So of course nothing can be solved there. Only players are trying to help players. So only option left is calling them. Then why bother opening those options? If they can't solve anything via one of those platforms then there is no meaning in both to be remain as a customer service option.

You know you are also being rude here by calling people silly because they can't call customer service! I tried to help a guy in Customer Service Forums, even argued a bit with him defending Customer Service he hated but in the end I agreed with him. Because he said "I am deaf and I can't call them" Now what? His problem will remain unsolved? He should find a person who is no deaf? He said he wrote his problem via ticket and customer service first lead him to forums, he came and asked in forums he couldn't find any customer service there either. Then he opened another ticket and they lead him to phone line. HE IS DEAF FOR GOD'S SAKE. What kind of a customer service can't serve anything in platforms they created at the first place? Your opinion is unfair for those kind of people too.

They created lots of options but they just can't use them efficiently. This is the only silly thing here. Also in all other MMOs phone is not a necessity at all either. For example in Wow (as it is compared with SWTOR a lot around by people). You don't have to call Blizzard to solve a simple stupid problem. Yes they have some auto messages too in their ticket system but %99 of the cases can be solved via it. If an issue is inappropriate to discuss in forums, they can be solved in tickets too but only phone line? This is plain ridicilous. Heads of Customer Service are burried in sand like a ostrich now. They are enjoying themselves at the moment but let me tell you a story. This game was the fastest growing MMO when it was released and then lost about 400k of subscribers in a month or so. If they won't find a way to increase their efficency in customer service they will lose more people in time. Visit Customer Service Forums and see it yourself. Especially count the messages who can't be solved there. I don't say phone line should be closed. I say it should be an option instead of a necessity...

First of all saying that they have options does in NO way address what I said. I explained that certain issues are needed to be discussed on the phone because they involve accounts. It is completely unprofessional to discuss someones ban status or credit card details on an open forum. It is unethical and not what the CS is about.

Furthermore you seem to think CS is not being represented. Sure there are not alot of official yellow posts, but people like OwneBrooks has been helping other players since I can't even remember. The forum perhaps still needs to be looked at, but we as players have managed to create an environment whereby we help each other. Also please don't lecture me about the game and how it started. I have probably been here longer than you have and seen it all.

Saying that, I also played WoW for many years and I can tell you for a fact, that some issues will not be dealt with over messages but with a call. Oh you said I was being rude for saying people who can't call silly? And my opinion is offensive to them? Really? I agree that for that guy in those circumstances it is unfortunate but CS can't be held responsible for everything, they can only help as much as they can. Yeah the guy who was deaf had an unfortunate experience. However, that does not change the fact that most people can and should call if they need to. So again on certain occasions calling IS necessity and rightfully so.

PS: I frequent the CS forums often and I actually get help from people regardless if they are official or not. IF I need further assistance I will call, and they ALWAYS assist me.

First of all saying that they have options does in NO way address what I said. I explained that certain issues are needed to be discussed on the phone because they involve accounts. It is completely unprofessional to discuss someones ban status or credit card details on an open forum. It is unethical and not what the CS is about.

Furthermore you seem to think CS is not being represented. Sure there are not alot of official yellow posts, but people like OwneBrooks has been helping other players since I can't even remember. The forum perhaps still needs to be looked at, but we as players have managed to create an environment whereby we help each other. Also please don't lecture me about the game and how it started. I have probably been here longer than you have and seen it all.

Saying that, I also played WoW for many years and I can tell you for a fact, that some issues will not be dealt with over messages but with a call. Oh you said I was being rude for saying people who can't call silly? And my opinion is offensive to them? Really? I agree that for that guy in those circumstances it is unfortunate but CS can't be held responsible for everything, they can only help as much as they can. Yeah the guy who was deaf had an unfortunate experience. However, that does not change the fact that most people can and should call if they need to. So again on certain occasions calling IS necessity and rightfully so.

PS: I frequent the CS forums often and I actually get help from people regardless if they are official or not. IF I need further assistance I will call, and they ALWAYS assist me.

You took the opportunity about how good, experienced and helpful player you are but you lost the focus of this suggestion badly while doing this. :D

HELLO ? ! ? From Houston to theUndead ! Did I say "Close your phone line, skype accounts or anything else and do all customer services via forum and tickets" ? Did I say "Hey players of SWTOR, don't use phone lines, skype accounts etc, use only forums and tickets" ? What are you really reacting against? Maybe you should consider replying my posts here after you read them because you are reacting on things without understanding a word of what I am trying to suggest here. Because as you said you vehemently disagree :) Maybe you should disagree calmly lol :D

1- Remember that this is a suggestion of mine. You can accept it or not. If other people accepts or denies it, it can be done or not done. But I have suggested this and you have absolutely no right to dictate and/or impose your opinions to me about not suggesting this or not. ;) You can only disagree, that's all.

2- I really don't care about racing my MMO experience with a random person here. I simply don't care about lecturing either you or anyone else. I have absolutely no interest in your gaming career. I definitely don't know you and wanna know you. In any case you can't be an older gamer here or in wow than me, you can only be old like me in both games. And it is not the subject of this post either. So please don't change the subject to a personel challange. I have told the facts about a year after game's release. Even if you saw it or not, even if you accepted it or not, this game lost about 400000 subscriptions in a single month in the past mostly because of lack of customer service and hello again, this is much!! And I don't see them doing lots of things about rising their efficiency in forum or ticket system since then. Yeah they do lots of things for the game I agree but not for the custome service. I have seen hundreds of posts in forum every month about how Customer Service is not efficient in forums and tickets lately and they are actually losing players because of this. Even they admitted recently that they are not efficient in forums and said they are trying to find a way to be more efficient. So you want me to believe in you about how efficient they are while they admitted the opposite? If you don't believe me read the yellow post in Owen's post about renaming the Customer Service Forum. He even suggested to rename that forum too. Because they are not there and people are confused about why on earth they are not in a forum that they MUST be. Maybe it is not the case for phone lines, skypes etc but who cares? I don't suggest them to close their phone line.

3- I am helping people in Customer Service Forums everyday too. This is not a subject of this post either. Neither me, or Owen or anyone else represents customer service. I like community helping each other too, this is great. Yeah, we have created something beautiful together there but we are players and us helping each other willingly and gladly doesn't justify the fact that there is lack of efficiency in customer service representitives in customer service forum or tickets at all. I don't accept this as a customer. I don't accept this as a part of this family either. If they integrate a forum and ticket option for customer service they should be there to help people and use those options too. REMEMBER! This doesn't mean I suggest them to close their phone lines again. (I don't know how many times will I have to remind this to avoid your same reaction actually :p) I am not trying to ruin customer service here, know this. I am trying to get it more efficient than today and it is all for community not for your or my sake only. :)

Yeah, it is unfortunate for deaf people but I didn't hold CS responsible about his condition, I hold them responsible about leading a deaf person to phone line and this is absolutely ridicilous. :D They are fellow players and they may need help too. If there are options for them to get the help they need, they have all the rights to use them without necessarily a player calling them silly or customer service leading them to another service that they can't use! I saw your point and opinion about the matter. You didn't understand me at all, reacted me like I suggested them to close their phone lines. You can use any services as you wish I really don't care who uses what. I want everyone to be able to use anything to solve their problems. Thanks for your opinions, We can just agree that we disagree each other. ;) I really would like to hear other players' opinions too about this subject instead of arguing same things over and over again.

Edited by nafu

My responses

You took the opportunity about how good, experienced and helpful player you are but you lost the focus of this suggestion badly while doing this.

Really how did I do that? I disagreed vehemently because I felt that you wanted all disputes to be handled on the forums. If however I did not understand you correctly, then I apologize

.ELLO ? ! ? From Houston to theUndead ! Did I say "Close your phone line, skype accounts or anything else and do all customer services via forum and tickets" ? Did I say "Hey players of SWTOR, don't use phone lines, skype accounts etc, use only forums and tickets" ? What are you really reacting against? Maybe you should consider replying my posts here after you read them because you are reacting on things without understanding a word of what I am trying to suggest here. Because as you said you vehemently disagree Maybe you should disagree calmly lol

Snarky comments aside, no you did not say those things specifically, but the impression I got is that the necessity of calling them is somehow a bad thing and I fail to see how this is a bad thing. That is what I am reacting to. I do also in fact understand what you are saying. You want the CS to be able to perform things without having to call them. I disagree because like I said before certain things are not up for discussion on a forum. Oh your comment about me being calmer. Fine I'll take that. Well played.

Remember that this is a suggestion of mine. You can accept it or not. If other people accepts or denies it, it can be done or not done. But I have suggested this and you have absolutely no right to dictate and/or impose your opinions to me about not suggesting this or not. ;) You can only disagree, that's all.

Of course your it is your suggestion. But I have EVERY right to tell you if I disagree with it with my opinion just as much as you have a right to disagree with mine. I am not dictating anything to you nor did I say you can't post your idea. All I am doing is disagreeing with it. However, I do understand the premise though.

3- I am helping people in Customer Service Forums everyday too. This is not a subject of this post either. Neither me, or Owen or anyone else represents customer service. I like community helping each other too, this is great. Yeah, we have created something beautiful together there but we are players and us helping each other willingly and gladly doesn't justify the fact that there is lack of efficiency in customer service representitives in customer service forum or tickets at all. I don't accept this as a customer. I don't accept this as a part of this family either. If they integrate a forum and ticket option for customer service they should be there to help people and use those options too. REMEMBER! This doesn't mean I suggest them to close their phone lines again. (I don't know how many times will I have to remind this to avoid your same reaction actually :p) I am not trying to ruin customer service here, know this. I am trying to get it more efficient than today and it is all for community not for your or my sake only. :)

One of the few things I will agree with you on. Yes the lack of actual CS is an issue. But while you may not accept it, I do, because I still get my wishes attended to if I need help. But again that is me and not you, and you are entitled to feel as you wish. I never said you suggested they close their phone lines, my reaction was that you did not want to have to do it. But, here is the thing, making it optional they simply can't do. They are bound by privacy rules not to discuss things about specific accounts openly. It is all private, therefore your actual suggestion of making it optional is simply not viable.

I really don't care about racing my MMO experience with a random person here. I simply don't care about lecturing either you or anyone else. I have absolutely no interest in your gaming career. I definitely don't know you and wanna know you. In any case you can't be an older gamer here or in wow than me, you can only be old like me in both games. And it is not the subject of this post either. So please don't change the subject to a personel challange. I have told the facts about a year after game's release. Even if you saw it or not, even if you accepted it or not, this game lost about 400000 subscriptions in a single month in the past mostly because of lack of customer service and hello again, this is much!! And I don't see them doing lots of things about rising their efficiency in forum or ticket system since then. Yeah they do lots of things for the game I agree but not for the custome service. I have seen hundreds of posts in forum every month about how Customer Service is not efficient in forums and tickets lately and they are actually losing players because of this. Even they admitted recently that they are not efficient in forums and said they are trying to find a way to be more efficient. So you want me to believe in you about how efficient they are while they admitted the opposite? If you don't believe me read the yellow post in Owen's post about renaming the Customer Service Forum. He even suggested to rename that forum too. Because they are not there and people are confused about why on earth they are not in a forum that they MUST be. Maybe it is not the case for phone lines, skypes etc but who cares? I don't suggest them to close their phone line.

I did not attempt to change the subject, it was you who brought up WoW in an attempt to further strengthen your argument. All I said to you was I do not want to be lectured on the virtues of another game while talking about this one. You are also correct in saying that you do not know me, because I do not know you. I don't dislike you either by the way. Eric went on record to say they were working with CS, sadly that has not really changed much. So yes there is still lack of efficiency. All I am saying is that when I call them which I have a few times, they have been good to me. Not saying they good overall but good to me. But again it does not negate the fact that yes things can be better and should be better. Another thing I will say is that your number of subs leaving is actually untrue and unless you give me a bit more than just a number I will not accept it. Yes, people have left because of CS but it is not the main reason. Most people left the game due to lack of content, but that is for another thread.

Yeah, it is unfortunate for deaf people but I didn't hold CS responsible about his condition, I hold them responsible about leading a deaf person to phone line and this is absolutely ridicilous. :D They are fellow players and they may need help too. If there are options for them to get the help they need, they have all the rights to use them without necessarily a player calling them silly or customer service leading them to another service that they can't use! I saw your point and opinion about the matter. You didn't understand me at all, reacted me like I suggested them to close their phone lines. You can use any services as you wish I really don't care who uses what. I want everyone to be able to use anything to solve their problems. Thanks for your opinions, We can just agree that we disagree each other. ;) I really would like to hear other players' opinions too about this subject instead of arguing same things over and over again.

I am done arguing. You have made your points and I have made mine. To be honest, the discussion has actually been kinda nice. I mean sure you and I disagree but we have not insulted each other and that shows respect in my eyes so thank you for that. Perhaps as well, I did react to you in a way that was not great. I will say that people other than those with special circumstances should make use of the phone lines if they can, however, those that can't perhaps there should be another way. So yes I agree to some degree.

Edited by theUndead

there is maybe a other way that also customer friendly for all players that have problems with there account or things like that.

a support Facebook page and twitter page where players that have problems with there account and not can use the ticket system in the game can still get help by asking help on there support facebook page and twitter page.

then you have a friendly customer service that can help you with your problems.

and plenty off game's have it and its working fine and friendly.