Thank you BioWare for Ult Comms :)

When are people going to realise that ultimate comms are essentially useless. The gear you get with them have both bad mods and enhancements. Run some SM Ravagers and ToS, get some set gear and augment that. It's much better than the 198 comms gear you'll get, and in most cases, even the lowest level set bonus armorings are better than the 198 armoring. It's pretty likely too that even the 186 crafted mods and enhancements are better than the 198, and definitely better than the 192 comms gear. Ultimate comms should only be awarded for SM level 60 ops, and level 60 HM FPs regardless, they shouldn't be freely awarded for pretty much anything so that people can do little work to gear up.

I'm having mixed feelings with ulti-commendations... One the one side, I like them to get the skins for my chars, on the other hand I'm afraid there will be a lot of players full 198 with commendation-gear, no set-bonus and still believing that more dps comes from more endurance and that a tank lower than 60k hp is worthless :/ already had an discussion with a guild-mate who didn't believe that even the 190 gear on ziost has better enhancements.. quote "198 is definitily better, who needs set-bonus anyway?"

I couldn't agree more, i've tried to explain to guildies as well that the enhancements and mods in the comms gear are high endurance and are bad, but they just assume because it's 198 it must be better. It's why i hate the comms gear, the gear is ridiculously easy to get (cause ulti comms are obtained left right and center, which is a problem on its own. People getting comms for clearing content that is old and not even challenging) and the gear itself is bad, and people refuse to acknowledge it, and choose higher rating gear over gear with better stats.

How many basic coms do you have on hand?

Basic: 780 (I'm at or above 800 on few other characters)

Elite: 77

Ultimate: 24

I'd suggest a few things:

1) Do the forged alliance story arc and go through Shadow of Revan.

2) Once you have the gear from Shadow of Revan do some tactical and hardmode flashpoints and grab the comms from them. When you have enough coms buy the 192 com gear. In a mix of 186 and 192 com gear you will be perfectly find in Ravagers or ToS provided you watch out for the mechanics.

I think you got a bit of bad advice to be honest. Basic coms are plentiful in this game as are elite coms.

And what should I do with these Basic comms exactly?

http://i.imgur.com/NfwKH5e.png

Just a few examples of how far I've gone with this:

http://i.imgur.com/LslyMOD.png (sorry, not very good at Gimp)

Edited by Halinalle

When are people going to realise that ultimate comms are essentially useless. The gear you get with them have both bad mods and enhancements. Run some SM Ravagers and ToS, get some set gear and augment that. It's much better than the 198 comms gear you'll get, and in most cases, even the lowest level set bonus armorings are better than the 198 armoring. It's pretty likely too that even the 186 crafted mods and enhancements are better than the 198, and definitely better than the 192 comms gear. Ultimate comms should only be awarded for SM level 60 ops, and level 60 HM FPs regardless, they shouldn't be freely awarded for pretty much anything so that people can do little work to gear up.

You can only cratft 186A mods, so the Ultimate comms mods are naturally leaps and bounds better (198A). 186 crafted enhancements are better than the Ultimate comms enhancements, yes. If you don't need a setbonus armouring in some slot, then of course you want a 198 armoring in it, via ultimate comms. Also the 198A mods are about equal to the 192 optimized mods from Resurrected Gear. Bsaically better, since they have more main stat which gets boosted by the Inquisitor buff, but there's math to say 192 is better because of the extra Power.

You can only cratft 186A mods, so the Ultimate comms mods are naturally leaps and bounds better (198A). 186 crafted enhancements are better than the Ultimate comms enhancements, yes. If you don't need a setbonus armouring in some slot, then of course you want a 198 armoring in it, via ultimate comms. Also the 198A mods are about equal to the 192 optimized mods from Resurrected Gear. Bsaically better, since they have more main stat which gets boosted by the Inquisitor buff, but there's math to say 192 is better because of the extra Power.

You can craft unlettered 186 mods but you need tokens from DF NiM* and good luck with RE'ing.

* = Content that nobody runs.

Edited by Halinalle

Basic: 780 (I'm at or above 800 on few other characters)

Elite: 77

Ultimate: 24

And what should I do with these Basic comms exactly?

http://i.imgur.com/NfwKH5e.png

Just a few examples of how far I've gone with this:

http://i.imgur.com/LslyMOD.png (sorry, not very good at Gimp)

If that's your gear you won't have a problem with Ravagers or ToS. Your accuracy is fine. If you have problems with the DPS rotation study up on Dulfy. But, if I were you I'd dive into Ravagers. You're definitely good to go for story modes.

You can craft unlettered 186 mods but you need tokens from DF NiM* and good luck with RE'ing.

* = Content that nobody runs.

You can't reverse engineer Nightmare gear. None, not Rakata, not Dread Guard, not Kell Dragon, not Dread Master.

Also, in regards to your gear, you can drop one Accuracy augment in favour of another one (Surge, Alacrity, Overkill, Might, whatever you want really).

Edited by Memo-

Also, in regards to your gear, you can drop one Accuracy augment in favour of another one (Surge, Alacrity, Overkill, Might, whatever you want really).

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought few hours ago. It must wait now though. Currently trying to get my Scoundrel through Yavin IV/Ziost.