Vengeance/Vigilance 3.2 changes: Bug or Working as Intended?

AdrianDmitruk

So, on PTS Unstoppable was made a utility point for all Juggernauts to get. Vengeance players (rightfully) complained that doing so completely negated the point of the spec, and introduced a new utility tax just to keep something they've already had since launch.

So Bioware said they were going to restore Unstoppable to what it was (and ended up renaming it Brawn), while putting a weaker version of Unstoppable in utilities for other specs. So I downloaded the 3.2 update expecting to not have to make any changes to my Juggernauts' utilities at all.

Imagine my surprise when, doing dailies on Yavin 4, the Overseer's Durasteel Punch still managed to knock me back 20m when I still had Brawn up (I specifically leapt to a second one to make sure I wasn't seeing things). Upon closer inspection of utilities I found that Vengeance now only has protections against knockdowns but not knockbacks, which quite frankly is splitting hairs (to say nothing about pulls).

THE main attraction of Vengeance for solo PVE was the combination of 1)its full immunity immediately after a pull, and 2)trash mobs' propensity to blow all their controlling effects immediately after a pull during the Unstoppable window. By the time the mob had another CC ready, it was usually dead. Even when Vengeance was squarely in the middle of the pack (or slightly lagging during some time periods) in DPS, Unstoppable gave it one of the best QoL of any spec in the game for solo PVE and made it fun to do even tedious stuff that most players hate. It has been a core feature of the spec since launch and I have difficulty believing that this is anything more than an oversight. It seems silly to have to spend a utility point for something that the spec has had since launch, when we have what is allegedly the "full version" of that utility in our discipline, just to get the immunity to knockbacks and pulls that the spec has had since launch.

Is this intended or an oversight? I had thought that just for once Bioware had listened to the PTS feedback and eliminated the utility tax for Vengeance, again for something they had from launch to two days ago, instead giving other specs a weaker version of Unstoppable. I now find myself utility taxed anyway. I am less than pleased (to say nothing of people who actually PVP on Vengeance and need the utilities far more than I do) and hope this is an oversight that will be corrected.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk