The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The villain of the Sequel trilogy

fidothegran

A lot of you think that I am a troll because I post far out inside information which is often contradictory. Truth be told, I have a number of sources who all say different things. In this thread, i will clear up some of the confusion.

The movies

After thinking about the information from my sources, I believe the villain of the Sequel trilogy to be Vitiate. At the end of VII, I believe that Kylo Ren releases the spirit of Vitiate that has been trapped on REDACTED, which will be the site of a new op this summer. Also, the upcoming movies have a lot of weird Force stuff that people who haven't watched the Mortis Trilogy of the Clone Wars may not understand. Mara Jade will not appear, nor any of the other characters from the post-ROTJ EU who were not in the movies. Time travel is not involved.

SWTOR

As you all know, on May 4 the blocked off quest on Ziost will be opened. This will coincide with the reveal of the Sequel Trilogy's main villain (Vitiate). The next expansion, The Emperor's Resurgence, releases in August 2016, and will feature a total revamp of the game. Bioware is also going for an M rating. A sequel to SWTOR is not planned.

Revenant trilogy

There are three games in this trilogy: Revenant, Conspiracy, and Ascension. The #FallenEmpire hashtag refers to the reveal of Revenant at E3. The game is scheduled for release between 2019 and 2021. You will play the same character in each game, although the previous game(s) are not required to play. The villain of this trilogy is a fallen Celestial known as the Singularity. These games explore the origins and nature of the Force, and as such may be confusing to more casual Star Wars fans. Bioware is also going for an M rating.

The op's idea totally makes sense! Disney totally must have thrown out the entire EU as non cannon all so that they could make a new movie trilogy............. Based on a character from the EU! Genius! Edited by BrianDavion

The op's idea totally makes sense! Disney totally must have thrown out the entire EU as non cannon all so that they could make a new movie trilogy............. Based on a character from the EU! Genius!

I can see you're being sarcastic, but the point of the EU decanonization was mainly so Disney wouldn't HAVE to use characters and stories that were already there. This is not to say that they CAN'T. If they were using the old EU, the movies would have been about the Swarm War.