The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Mara Jade retconned sort of in existence in Episode VII ?

Angedechu

Very simply, the trailer of VII shows that both rebels and Imperials are marooned on Jakku (the shot with the ISD and a X-Wing)

The girl, which is heavily hinted to be Luke's daughter (other possibilites exist, but logic command than the desert girl is a Skywalker). Then, who could be the girl's mother ? (if we follow narrative convention for such kind of stories, she will be long dead, presumably during childbirth...)

An obvious answer would be an Imperial crewmember....from the crashed ISD and such, which according to some rumors form the bulk of the Jaaku population.

Very simply, the trailer of VII shows that both rebels and Imperials are marooned on Jakku (the shot with the ISD and a X-Wing)

The girl, which is heavily hinted to be Luke's daughter (other possibilites exist, but logic command than the desert girl is a Skywalker). Then, who could be the girl's mother ? (if we follow narrative convention for such kind of stories, she will be long dead, presumably during childbirth...)

An obvious answer would be an Imperial crewmember....from the crashed ISD and such, which according to some rumors form the bulk of the Jaaku population.

Haven't gotten a "heavy hint" vibe that she is a Skywalker at all.The. specualtion of Skywalker progeny on the spoiler sites is pointing to a different character all together,a male on in fact

True, but le's see who can be Luke kid ?

1)A black guy

2)A X-Wing pilot

3)A girl living on a desert planet and rebuilding droids (kinda like Luke and Anakin, isn'it ?)

Of course, it could be the new Sith guy, but that would be honestly the least surprising plot twist in history.

Edited by Angedechu

Odds are good we'll see Mara Jade back in some form in the new D-canon as she was perhaps one of the most popular characters in the franchise.

Will she be the same old Mara? Probably not, she'll likely have a lot of changes made and her role will likely be different but we knew all this when they reclassified the old EU as Legends.

And I don't imagine that they'll throw her corpse (or name drop her as being dead) as an homage to fans. They have to know how stupid they'd look for doing that. Remember, good old folks from Lucasfilm who were there when the outrage over Mara's death originally took place are still around and hopefully have enough pull to keep the writers from being total idiots.

Of course I might just be deluding myself, but I'll stick to my hopes and dreams for now.

Edited by StarSquirrel

True, but le's see who can be Luke kid ?

1)A black guy

2)A X-Wing pilot

3)A girl living on a desert planet and rebuilding droids (kinda like Luke and Anakin, isn'it ?)

Of course, it could be the new Sith guy, but that would be honestly the least surprising plot twist in history.

You're forgetting someone.No real details about his chracter but he bears a resemblence to a young Mark Hammil

I think Rey is more likely to be Han and Leia's kid than Luke's

It also may just be Han... who says Han and Leia ever got married? Perhaps her title and politics ruled the day in that regard.

Edited by Ghisallo

What if Rey is not their child? What if Finn(John Boyega) is Leia's child, with Lando Calrissian as the father? I know he isn't in the film......or is he?

Lando was a smooth talker, you know.....

Lets just say I am fairly certain that there is a child in the movie... of one of the main characters... BUT I will bet a bottom dollar that the character is NOT one of the ones whose character name is already well known to us but rather someone like Domhnall Gleeson's character because...that is how JJ Abram's rolls when it comes to stuff. If it is going to be a <gasp> moment you don't find out much about the character until after the early screenings.

What if Rey is not their child? What if Finn(John Boyega) is Leia's child, with Lando Calrissian as the father? I know he isn't in the film......or is he?

Lando was a smooth talker, you know.....

emphasis, more likely, it certainly was going the Han + Leia route as of Ep 6, and Lando + Leia is about as likely as Jabba + Leia