12x exp

Patroller

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please make 12x only last about a month or so :D

You do realise that this time, it's optional, right?

You can turn it off anytime you want to...If you only want it to last for a month, then, at the end of your arbitrarily defined 'month', you just use the deactivation item, and poof - No more 12x.

What they haven't clarified is whether the deactivation item is permanent i.e. once you use it, no more 12x ever, or whether it's only for that character, or even whether or not you can turn 12x back on again, after using the deactivation item, if you change your mind.

You do realise that this time, it's optional, right?

You can turn it off anytime you want to...If you only want it to last for a month, then, at the end of your arbitrarily defined 'month', you just use the deactivation item, and poof - No more 12x.

What they haven't clarified is whether the deactivation item is permanent i.e. once you use it, no more 12x ever, or whether it's only for that character, or even whether or not you can turn 12x back on again, after using the deactivation item, if you change your mind.

I think I read somewhere that it was tog-gable but don't quote me on that since I can't remember the source. Maybe somebody else can confirm this.

Edited by Mariselia

I think I read somewhere that it was tog-gable but don't quote me on that since I can't remember the source. Maybe somebody else can confirm this.

For Mariselia on where they saw the Toggle option, and others that didn't know when it starts and ends, I copied and pasted this from the main page link to "May the 4th be with you" link:

FOCUS ON YOUR STORY WITH THE EPIC STORY XP BOOST!

THE BOOST DELIVERS AN ACCELERATED AND MORE IMMERSIVE STORY EXPERIENCE!

Inspired by the popularity of the 12x XP Boost, Subscribers can level faster while experiencing a deeper and more engaging story-telling experience. The Epic Story XP Boost includes reduced cool down on quick travel options and increased commendations to facilitate acquisition of the gear you need when you need it.

•Level your characters from 1 – 55 at an accelerated rate

•Now you have the ability to toggle on/off the Epic Story XP Boost once acquired

•Act now, the Epic Story XP Boost ends this Fall

And just my 2 cents worth, I love this feature. I've played since launch, have done all side missions on different characters, but I love doing new characters with the ability to focus on the main story without the distraction of side missions. I just wish it was made permanent via a Legacy 50 or combo of Legacy 50 and a level 60 character of each class,,, just something so we have a choice of grinding another, or enjoying the leveling up on another character.

Re-subbed for this as I have only managed to complete the Smuggler and Agent storylines since launch. I really enjoyed the class stories but I have really struggled with the obvious quest repetition when trying to play through the other classes.

Very excited to be able to focus on 6 new independent stories.

others that didn't know when it starts and ends

Ahh didn't notice the mention of 'on/off'

We know it starts on May 4th and ends in 'the fall' but no one knows what TIME it starts, which is the point of this thread, more or less!

Edited by FearTheReapr

I love the 12x xp boost but till fall... I find that as a epic fail and the loss of getting into any 10-55 Flashpoints and Tacs since everyone is doing the Story XP boost Flashpoints are going to be empty and barely used... they should of made flashpoints and Tacs as part of the story so they aren't empty!! I was expecting the boost to last like a week that's awesome amount of time now its till fall! People say good bye to fp ques and tacs since the Story XP boost doesn't work in them! :(

Don't worry there will be alot of people (who are not bad at the game) and relise levels don't matter if I have'nt got goodgear lets do some PVP or some Flashpoints or Some heroics/side quests and itll end up the people who just use the 12Xxp boost and nothing else will get stuck on belsavis Ik I did when the first one came out luckily I was clever ewnough to find away to get good gear again by the time I had to fight revan

Ahh didn't notice the mention of 'on/off'

We know it starts on May 4th and ends in 'the fall' but no one knows what TIME it starts, which is the point of this thread, more or less!

Pretty sure its 8am PST May 04th 2015

edit; which is 11am EST and 4PM GMT

Edited by Rothie

Well, the Ziost event goes live at 8am PST. Would stand to reason the 12x exp event tied to it would go active with the same switch flip?

Most likely. I think people are getting caught up on the droid pet. They start tracking that at 12:01 A..M. PST. It doesn't say anything about the other stuff.

Most likely. I think people are getting caught up on the droid pet. They start tracking that at 12:01 A..M. PST. It doesn't say anything about the other stuff.

Most likely. In 3 minutes we'll know :p