Is annihilation still viable for 60's pvp?

Dremixkypra

Depends on what you do in PvP. If you're expecting to win 1v1 yes it's horrible. It has extremely low burst damage. For group pvp it's not that bad. You have heals for the entire group and if you play it right, you can do extreme damage by filling everyone down with dots. It puts a lot of pressure on healers but it's very difficult to play correctly in pvp. If you're looking for a more group pvp role then anni is arguably better than carnage or fury.

I personally hate it for pvp and carnage fills more of my needs. Another issue with Anni is if you want the heals you have to sacrifice Predations. So you ask yourself do you take it for the team with weak heals vs. Predation? Personally, I prefer Predation as the group utility because I can break snares on anyone, spam it and it also allows me to stick like glue on anyone trying to kite me. I prefer Carnage or even Fury over Anni. I find Anni is too difficult to be "great" at in PvP while Carnage/Fury are far easier to learn. Anni has low burst dmg, Carnage probably medium but has high potential for very high burst with luck and Fury is high burst.

If you learn to master Anni in PvP you can do a lot of DPS with the dots in big group PvP moments. You're not going to kill someone fast like that but it rakes up damage and when 8 people are being dotted away at the same time it creates healing pressure which is great in big PvP.

Edited by zeroeffectxoo

I have a roughly evenly geared assassin friend, a couple of K more health but both 2018 with augs. anyway we decided to test the DPS. i went through my tesxt book dulfy rotation on him while he stood there and spammed volt slash. he won. nuff said. the fact that half the classes can clense the dots with things like shroud and evasion etc doesn't even enter into it, no one will let you maintain constant TOT and even then your damage is feeble in comparison.